Page 1 of 24 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Brutal Legend

1. Brutal Legend

UPDATE: Full article scans further into thread, courtesy of NeoZeedEater

...whoa...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	brutal-legend-gi-cover.jpg 
Views:	1100 
Size:	82.5 KB 
ID:	27791  
    Last edited by Space Pirate Roberts; 14 Oct 2007 at 12:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

2. Mocking 80s metal cliches can't be a bad thing.

3. Tim cannot do wrong. I predict that this will rock my face.

"All creatures will DIE, and all things will be BROKEN: That is the law of the SAMURAI."

4. I predict a critically acclaimed financial train wreck.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

5. Psychonauts was an incredible game, I look forward to this.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I predict a critically acclaimed financial train wreck.
    Lol, you read my mind. Psychonauts is one of the great tragedies in gaming.

The tragedy is that Microsoft dropped the title (and the wonderful Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath, but I digress) and Majesco picked it up. While I certainly can't whine about Majesco publishing it, they could have done a better job with the advertising and marketing. In other words, had some.

Come to think of it, who IS publishing Brutal Legend?

8. DAY ONE.

9. Quote Originally Posted by bVork View Post
    The tragedy is that Microsoft dropped the title (and the wonderful Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath, but I digress) and Majesco picked it up. While I certainly can't whine about Majesco publishing it, they could have done a better job with the advertising and marketing. In other words, had some.
    I saw numerous commercials for it around release, and there were prominent posters for it up around GS/EB.

It's actually one of the most prominently marketed games I can recall coming from a B-list publisher.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Bacon McShig View Post
    I saw numerous commercials for it around release, and there were prominent posters for it up around GS/EB.

It's actually one of the most prominently marketed games I can recall coming from a B-list publisher.
    But compare it to MS's marketing muscle. Also, MS dropping it led to substantial delays which also probably had a big impact on its sales.