Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Processor/motherboard replacement

1. This is going to sounds stupid, as I've been out of the computer thing for a while, and how do i know if a motherboard is pci express, 24 pin, and accepts athlon 64 processors? (not sure which, about 2 years old).
    Check out Mr. Businessman
    He bought some wild, wild life
    On the way to the stock exchange
    He got some wild, wild life

2. If the A64 you have is 2 years old, it's most likely socket 754, maybe socket 939, and if you have an A64 FX, maybe socket 940. Do a search on your processor, and you'll find out easily. I'm willing to bet it's 754. Any mobo with PCI Express will say PCI-E. For 24 pin, just look and see if it's 24 pin instead of 20 pin, noob.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Mykozo View Post
    If the A64 you have is 2 years old, it's most likely socket 754, maybe socket 939, and if you have an A64 FX, maybe socket 940. Do a search on your processor, and you'll find out easily. I'm willing to bet it's 754. Any mobo with PCI Express will say PCI-E. For 24 pin, just look and see if it's 24 pin instead of 20 pin, noob.
    I removed my processor from the mobo, but I couldn't find anywhere on it what type of processor it was. Is it written somewhere special or whatnot?

4. If it is a computer that is running, or you can get running, just right click on My Computer, and go to properties, it should tell you what CPU you have in there.

5. Nah, i don't even get the boot up beep, and no video output. I imagined it was the motherboard, since everything seems to be getting power.