Thread: I need a PS3 Slim Bluray Drive

I need a PS3 Slim Bluray Drive

A bud gave me his PS3 slim to see if I could fix it, and it appears to need a new bluray drive. Anyone happen to have one out of a junk system or know of a good website to order from? I'm having a hard time finding them online, they are either out of stock, the site seems shady, or the site's store simply doesn't work. I'll use ebay if I have to, but that's my last resort.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.

2. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    A bud gave me his PS3 slim to see if I could fix it, and it appears to need a new bluray drive. Anyone happen to have one out of a junk system or know of a good website to order from? I'm having a hard time finding them online, they are either out of stock, the site seems shady, or the site's store simply doesn't work. I'll use ebay if I have to, but that's my last resort.
    Do you know what exactly is wrong with the Blu-Ray drive?

A co-worker gave me his 60 gig PS3, because he had broken the Blu-Ray Drive. I opened it up and discovered it was just a broken plastic piece that needed replacing. I bought a broken drive, with a burned out laser diode, and used the parts from it to repair his old drive.

You could buy this drive directly off of ebay. You'll have to remove the controller board from your PS3 and move it over the the replacement Blu-Ray drive, for it to work.
    Last edited by gamevet; 08 Mar 2012 at 10:27 PM.

It doesn't recognize any type of disc, and it makes some funny sounds when it is loading and ejecting discs. I don't really have a lot of time to tinker right now, which was why I was looking at the whole drive instead of isolating the problem.

4. The drive I listed from Ebay should do the trick. Replacing the controller board is really easy, because it is external on the Blu-Ray drive case.

Groovy. I actually had that auction on my watch list already, maybe I'll get lucky!