Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 12345717 ... LastLast

Thread: Chantax

1. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    No it isn't. This thread is about Chantax, the magical quit smoking pill which works about as well as a finger in the ass. Now Discuss. You motherfucker.
    I came in here expecting a hilarious discussion on Chan tax! Posting on TNL you expect certain things when chan is in the title.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Rumpy View Post
    I came in here expecting a hilarious discussion on Chan tax! Posting on TNL you expect certain things when chan is in the title.
    I thought the same thing, but sadly realized even before I clicked the link, "No, it's not chan tax. It would be awesome if it was."
    R.I.P. Paragon Studios

3. The title of this thread made me just say "WTF"- yeah, I was thinking about a nasty surcharge on imports. Chantax (actually Chantix) is one hell of a weird name, but no more so than a bunch of other prescription drug brand names.

4. Aside from the health reasons, the most daunting thing about cigarettes is the cost. You think $5.50 here and there isn't so bad, blah blah blah... Until you do the math.

Pack a day/$5.50/x365 = $2007/year spent on 27's, reds, or whatever.

Okay, so that might not seem bad. HOWEVER, let's look at this over a ten year period and assume that the $167/month that you normally spend on cigarettes is, instead, put into a modest 6.5% savings account and you come up with:

http://www.planningtips.com/cgi-bin/...&Calculate.y=8
    It just cost you $32,000.00+ to smoke for ten years. Yeah, I'm still smoking and I'm an idiot.

For all the bitching I've been doing, the last few days haven't been that bad. Sometimes I'll think about the fact that I can't ever smoke a cigarette again and I get bummed out, but there are zero cravings. Its really really interesting.

I recommend this stuff. Its only been a week, but it gets easier every day. I have a good feeling about this time...

6. You might have just talked me into it. Part of smoking is being a stubborn bitch about the whole thing and denial. I've gone days without a cigarette and don't really "have" to smoke but end up doing it again, anyway.

Try visiting quitnet.com

The "money/life saved" counter is a great way to back yourself up on a day where its difficult.

Try the Chantax (fuck Zyban imo) it makes you feel weird and indescribable about cigarettes. The first few days are fucked though... so buck up princess.

For example: I've saved 18 hours of my life and 22.50 in the past 6 days.

9. Got a scrip for it today. I'll let you know when I join you in Chantix hell.

10. Quote Originally Posted by StriderKyo View Post
    I'm trying the willpower thing again, but it's way tougher here than in weed-is-okay-but-you-smoke-tobacco-we-send-you-to-jail Canada.
    Canada has their priorities in order.