Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: INSANE Best Buy HD-DVD 360 player deal

1. I dont even know what to get. Does this ring up automatically?

2. Yup. Make sure you have Heroes, have them ring everything up, and it's all automatic. One screen for the clerk, they hit okay, and you're good to go.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

3. I'm going to try and scrap up some money to get in on this deal but I doubt I will.

4. Got in on this deal but because Microsoft hates me, I now have to buy one of these if I want HDMI AND Digital Output

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=7080193
    "Remember, not knowing how to cook is like not knowing how to fuck."
    Geek in the Desert

5. I think I can come up with the money. Now, the only reason stopping me is I believe Blue-Ray > HD-DVDs. I don't want to invest in something that might fail.

6. Quote Originally Posted by aren View Post
    I think I can come up with the money. Now, the only reason stopping me is I believe Blue-Ray > HD-DVDs. I don't want to invest in something that might fail.
    I'm a Blu-ray supporter, but my rule is NO dedicated player until the war is settled. (Even then, I hate having dedicated players.) So, for those two reasons, I'll more likely try to sell mine than keep it.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

7. Quote Originally Posted by shidoshi View Post
    Yup. Make sure you have Heroes, have them ring everything up, and it's all automatic. One screen for the clerk, they hit okay, and you're good to go.
    OMG. Went to Best Buy in LI near my job and they sold out. Went ALLLL the way on the other side of the city and they had. First, they sold out of Heroes (i have to try and go to another BB and see if they will give it to me. What is their policy on that anyways? There is no "quantities limited" on the flyer). When I printed out that notice of misprint, they gave me hell. It wouldnt deduct off automatically..then the cashier said it has to be the 3 HD-DVDs underneath the player. I was like..WTF? 3 choices and of those, I get 2? FUCK NO! The paper clearly said "from our assorted titles" as in what you have in the store. I was there probably for a good hour.

No go on that "ANY" HD-DVD as it wouldnt even deduct automatically. So I got Transformers and 300

8. The other thing i did with the buy.com deal was sign up for their visa to get another $30 off. I will pay it off when the bill comes in, to not get ass raped for interest. That plus no tax and free shipping helped make my decision. I already got the player and heroes is en route.

9. Well I called Best Buys toll-free number. The rep said try back Saturday the latest. If they dont receive it, call back again with my case number and talk to him directly and he'll send me a gift card for the amount of the Heroes box set plus extra to cover tax.

10. If your BB is out of stock or what not, try Circuit City. I was lucky enough to get them to match the deal.
    "Remember, not knowing how to cook is like not knowing how to fuck."
    Geek in the Desert