Page 15 of 707 FirstFirst ... 1113141516171929 ... LastLast

Thread: Official PlayStation 3 Thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by Grave View Post
    Do they pay you to run damage control or what?
    I hope so.

edit: One thing that bugs me about the demo is how the whole cover system thing seems kinda pointless. Try this: Get into cover, pop out and fire a few rounds then duck back into cover but DON'T TOUCH THE AIMING STICK. Now when you pop back out of cover, I'd expect to be aiming at the exact spot I was targeting before ducking in. This is not the case with Uncharted. You have to re-aim each time. Defeats the point of a cover system entirely.

edit edit: I didn't have any problems with headshots.
    Last edited by epmode; 09 Nov 2007 at 06:50 PM.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Grave View Post
    Absolutely not. I managed smooth cover to cover movement a few times, but it's not "just like in gears." Not even close. Much harder to stick to things, much harder to find your next spot, and much harder to get there smoothly.

And the sticks aren't worth talking about. Everyone knows the PS sticks suck, but hey, you work with what you've got.

I liked the demo, but there's a lot to criticize.

Do they pay you to run damage control or what? I've registered headshots just as many times as I didn't for the exact same shots. This isn't an isolated thing.
    no ones damage controlling, but were honestly having HUGE gameplay differences then. Ive gotten headshots aplenty, and did through all my gameplays. Its probably just that i got the dual analogs down better then you guys.

The game isnt perfect, i never said it was PERFECT, but the core gameplay is pretty spot on to me.
    b_ri on Twitch, Games Beaten in 2020 (3): Pokemon Sword (Sw), Detroit: Becoming Human (PS4), Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PS4),

3. Quote Originally Posted by B-Ri View Post
    no ones damage controlling, but were honestly having HUGE gameplay differences then. Ive gotten headshots aplenty, and did through all my gameplays. Its probably just that i got the dual analogs down better then you guys
    I don't think it's a coincidence that many of us are having very similar issues with the game, while you who has been heavily anticipating this game and arguing it's quality tooth and nail seem to be oblivious to these things.
    Quote Originally Posted by B-Ri
    some of you just cant stop nitpicking to talk yourselves into thing its "zomg ps3 it suckzzz" (and its not just you)
    It's not because we think "zomg ps3 it suckzzzz", considering I really enjoyed both Resistance and Motorstorm despite their flaws and I will do the same with Uncharted. But when you come in here and pimp the game like no other saying "dare I say the controls are perfect", "goty contender confirmed", and "day 1 never seemed so sweet", it's hard not to see these glaring flaws that while don't ruin the game are blatantly not in line with your statements.
    Last edited by Brand X; 09 Nov 2007 at 06:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

4. Quote Originally Posted by B-Ri
    are you saying that the game is allowing you to shoot through the wall and is glitchy cause you cana nd are taking damage or?
    I don't get the second half of your sentence, but pretty much. Using the aim button allows you to Moses the walls and create pathways for shooting where they don't actually exist.
    no you just missed, ive killed MANY of them in my playthroughs with headshots.
    This is true. It seems like you should hit but don't because the game has zero auto-aim, so even if the reticule is right on the head the game won't automatically count the shot if the exact center is even the tiniest bit off. I don't think they should've gone that route for a console game, but at least it's not the mess they were showing off earlier.

The only difference I noticed between normal and hard is that is takes less hits to die on hard. There might've been more enemies too.

5. Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus View Post
    I don't get the second half of your sentence, but pretty much. Using the aim button allows you to Moses the walls and create pathways for shooting where they don't actually exist.This is true. It seems like you should hit but don't because the game has zero auto-aim, so even if the reticule is right on the head the game won't automatically count the shot if the exact center is even the tiniest bit off. I don't think they should've gone that route for a console game, but at least it's not the mess they were showing off earlier.
    thats what i thought you were getting at, i just tried to do it myself, he acctually moves out of the cover instead of pulling a moses, or maybe im just not trying to do this cover fire in the same place you were.

I don't think it's a coincidence that many of us are having very similar issues with the game, while you who has been heavily anticipating this game and arguing it's quality tooth and nail seem to be oblivious to these things.
    which i agreed with with triangle for some reason not registering with the demo, and with epmode himself agreeing he had no problems with headshots himself as well.

and i think mech has nailed why that is your not getting your headshots, no auto aim, i just played the demo again looking for the mech moses and had no problem with head shots.
    b_ri on Twitch, Games Beaten in 2020 (3): Pokemon Sword (Sw), Detroit: Becoming Human (PS4), Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PS4),

6. I downloaded the Uncharted demo last night, and I came away from it fairly unimpressed as well. From what I played, its definitely nothing short of a very beautiful Gears of War meets Tomb Raider rip off.

Naughty Dog is starting to remind me a lot of RARE now. Both companies make decent games, but they can't seem to come up with anything original to save their lives:

Jak and Daxter - nice collect-a-thon platformer that rips off Mario 64...just like every other 3-D platformer
    Jak 2 and Jak 3 - rips of the success of Ratchet and Clank by adding weapons

Jak X: Combat Racing - I'm not even touching this piece of shit

Uncharted - Like I said...now they're ripping off Gears of War/Tomb Raider.

7. Don't we have an Uncharted thread?

8. Quote Originally Posted by B-Ri View Post
    i know you guys are overcritical of games on any system called "Play Station"
    I stopped reading here. You're now just digging for any excuse to defend whatever game you deem great. If my time on TNL has taught me anything, it's that every game is carefully picked at unless it's Starcraft or Third Strike.

9. That would make way too much sense Rumpy.
    Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

10. I haven't finished downloading it yet, but if it is great, I will say so. If it sucks, so be it. I don't think Heavenly Sword deserves the wrath it gets here, but it is not a 8 or 9 either.