Page 17 of 707 FirstFirst ... 31315161718192131 ... LastLast

Thread: Official PlayStation 3 Thread

1. Just purchased a PS3 yesterday, can’t wait to check out some blue ray movies, and a few games for this puppy. Funny thing is at the beginning of this year I was all for having a 360/Wii setup, but since most of the games that are coming out on xbox I play on my PC, I halted the purchase of it. With the PS3 though, there are at least around 10 games that wont hit PC as far as I know that I really want to play so good times.
    Dont be a robot, be human.
    PSN: Di3heart

2. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    I love the RROD and Portal ones. The Nintendo and Tekken ones suck though.
    if you guys want to install these, you just put them on any memory stick or SD card under PS3/THEMES and when you go to the themes section of the XMB, you hit select theme and at the top youll see the install option.
    b_ri on Twitch, Games Beaten in 2020 (3): Pokemon Sword (Sw), Detroit: Becoming Human (PS4), Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PS4),

Wow, that Tekken art is some of the ugliest I've ever seen.
    I took all your French Toast.

4. Quote Originally Posted by TrialSword View Post
    Heavenly Sword is really short so I put it right in rental territory. If you've never played Ninja Gaiden before then get NG Sigma.
    Yeah!

Heavenly Sword rocks, but the game can be finished in under 10 hours. If you're the kind of person that likes to unlock everything, you could possibly squeeze another 4 or 5 hours out of the game.

5. Quote Originally Posted by B-Ri View Post
    if you guys want to install these, you just put them on any memory stick or SD card under PS3/THEMES and when you go to the themes section of the XMB, you hit select theme and at the top youll see the install option.
    Awesome, I'm going to install the 4th one down with the clouds until I get the energy to make my own.
    Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

6. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    Yeah!

Heavenly Sword rocks, but the game can be finished in under 10 hours. If you're the kind of person that likes to unlock everything, you could possibly squeeze another 4 or 5 hours out of the game.
    I found the length to be fine, but I'm more of a pick-up-and-play gamer and 10-12 hours until completion is about my limit. The replay value in HS isn't bad, and there have been rumors of DLC coming in the future. This is a solid $35-40 purchase but it's hard to recommend at $60.

7. mech might want this one

Click for full size
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	progress.jpg 
Views:	671 
Size:	184.4 KB 
ID:	28634  
    b_ri on Twitch, Games Beaten in 2020 (3): Pokemon Sword (Sw), Detroit: Becoming Human (PS4), Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PS4),

I'm not a fan, but that's a nice theme.

9. So since my 360 froze up on me the other day, I've been debating using the Best Buy replacement and switching to a PS3. They still have some 60gb versions for $499 with your choice of an extra controller, Heavenly Sword or Lair. BC isn't a HUGE deal for me, but since I sold off my PS2/games long ago, there are a few games I'd like to pick up that I never got into (GOW 1 + 2 namely, and maybe a few others here and there.) I've read some mixed reports on the 80gb--mainly that BC on it is 'ok'...

Should I just go for the sure thing with the 60gb or is the 80gb with Motorstorm the better deal?

10. I'd say go with the 60 cause you can at any time swap the drive
    out, it'll probably have a better resale value as well because of the bc