Page 6 of 707 FirstFirst ... 2456781020 ... LastLast

Thread: Official PlayStation 3 Thread

1. The Tokyo Car Show is either winding down or wrapping up, so all the cars in GT5 Prologue are now unlocked. The fact that they finally have a real cockpit makes me very happy (and the rear view is also awesome) though I wish they'd steal from PGR and allow you to use the right stick to look around. As is that means the side view mirrors are essentially non-functional and the map blocks the rear view mirror on some of the cars (though maybe they'll let us configure its placement in the full game).

2. I thought the car show starts on Friday? Or is that Friday Japan time which was like, yesterday or something.

3. http://www.gran-turismo.com/en/gt5p/

Er, I guess it's just in the middle. I know the Nissan was (re)released when it was displayed at the show yesterday and we just got the STi today. It seems like they're still releasing downloadable video clips through GT-TV, in any case.

4. they need to put that GT5 Prologue demo on the US store.

5. No, i really doesn't. Other than the excellent car models, this demo has nothing on Forza 2. Unless something drastically changes, this is GT4 all over again.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    No, i really doesn't. Other than the excellent car models, this demo has nothing on Forza 2. Unless something drastically changes, this is GT4 all over again.
    lets slow down there, youre judging a finished game to a demo of a demo.

We still have no idea whats going to make the final GT5 cut.
    b_ri on Twitch, Games Beaten in 2020 (3): Pokemon Sword (Sw), Detroit: Becoming Human (PS4), Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PS4),

7. I found this interesting:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/7074547.stm

A project that harnesses the spare processing power of Sony's PlayStation 3 (PS3) to help understand the cause of diseases has entered the record books.

Guinness World Records has recognised folding@home (FAH) as the world's most powerful distributed computing network.

FAH has signed up nearly 700,000 PS3s to examine how the shape of proteins affect diseases such as Alzheimer's.

The network has more than one petaflop of computing power - the equivalent of 1,000 trillion calculations per second.

"To have folding@home recognized by Guinness World Records as the most powerful distributed computing network ever is a reflection of the extraordinary worldwide participation by gamers and consumers around the world and for that we are very grateful," said Professor Vijay Pande of Stanford University and a leader of the FAH project.

8. I am completely apathetic toward folding@home

9. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    I am completely apathetic toward folding@home
    You're the reason all diseases haven't been cured.
    Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

10. It is true, your mom has aids because of me.