Page 707 of 707 FirstFirst ... 693703705706707
Results 7,061 to 7,068 of 7068

Thread: Official PlayStation 3 Thread

1. Yeah, you might want to look into the slim, if you can't get somebody to redo your thermal paste on the 60GB PS3. I like the look of the 1st slim model.

2. The first slim is a lot harder to service than the original design from what I remember. I've never seen the cheap top loading model.

3. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    The first slim is a lot harder to service than the original design from what I remember. I've never seen the cheap top loading model.

The super slim's lid feels like I'm going to break it every time I use it. I wouldn't grab one unless you get it super cheap (I did.) I'd get a good used Slim any day over it.

5. My PS3 (60GB model) was acting up right after I put it through its paces with a long upgrade to a 500 GB HDD. I thought it bricked at one point, rebooted it and it seemed to be working fine again. That was until yesterday, when I was going to play little bit of Fallout: New Vegas. The PS3 booted up, the screen said it wasn't shut down properly and then it just went to the background screen image (Resistance 3) without anything else on the screen. I turned off the power using the switch on the back, turned the switch back on and nothing. The power light wouldn't even come on, and the fans didn't even do a brief power cycle. The PS3 power supply was toast.

I was hoping that it might have been just one of the 16v caps swelling on the PSU board, but they all looked good. So, I decided to purge the PSU from another 60GB PS3 I had worked on many years ago (I messed up the thermal paste and broke a pin on a ribbon cable, so I just put in on hold) over to my clean 2007 PS3. That did the trick. I ran the PS3 for an hour with YouTube and another hour playing New Vegas. The system fans never got loud and everything appeared to be working like day 1. It was especially cool to see that the inside was pretty much dust free, confirming that I did a very good job of keeping dust away from the console; the same could not be said for that old PS3 that I got from a friend that abused the console. His old console was clogged with yellow dust from all of the smoking his family did.

My friends old PS3 is the one on the left. It may just end up being a parts machine.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gamevet; 02 Jan 2017 at 09:19 PM.

6. Hey is anyone playing Sonic AllStarts Racing Transformed on PS3, you can find me true_blueS2.

7. Finally

8. Yes?