Page 3 of 707 FirstFirst 12345717 ... LastLast

Thread: Official PlayStation 3 Thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by Schlep View Post
    I'm keepin' it local.

PS: I have no idea who that is in the pic, I just searched for pics of the Fremont Troll.
    Last edited by Master; 21 Oct 2007 at 12:56 AM.

2. Quote Originally Posted by dave is ok View Post

* Sony PlayStation 2: 215K (39.3 million total)
    * Sony PlayStation 3: 119.4K (1.87 million total)
    The PS2 outsold the PS3 nearly 2-1. Sony needs to fire some people.

3. Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
    The PS2 outsold the PS3 nearly 2-1. Sony needs to fire some people.
    Well, they removed PS2 BC from PS3 to force people to focus on PS3's "exciting" library of games, instead of, oh, you know, playing games that might actually be fun.

That would be funny if their next step was just to halt production on PS2s altogether. We'll make you buy our crappy PS3 games, one way or another!

4. A lot of retailers are having promotions for their 60gig systems to offset the fact that it's now the same price as the 80gig. Best Buy gives you a free game or controller, Walmart gives a free game and Blu-Ray remote, etc. I'm hoping for a similar deal on Amazon soon.

5. Attention PS1 fans: in case you were unaware, after setting up a Japanese account and getting funds through PSN tickets, you can buy from their catalog of PS1 games in the PS store. There's a huge amount of titles in it, way more than we've got, and some exciting shit that never got a US release, or has become difficult to find or prohibitively expensive.

I grabbed a Y3000 ticket from NCS for $37, and they send a scan of the ticket to you by email. Entered the code and grabbed the original Guilty Gear, Gunners Heaven, Adventure of Little Ralph, Tail of the Sun and Robbit Mon Dieu. There's a number of titles on there I'd still like to try or log more time into, and it's pretty damn affordable to do it this way.

How do you set up a Japanese account?

7. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Marwan, click here

8. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    I remember finding a decent guide when I got my PS3, as it involves a lot of form filling out in moon language. However, the steps are just the same as the US one in every other regard, and adding funds once I got the ticket was way easy. I'll post the link when I find it again.

e:f;b

edit again: for the record, here's the ticket info from NCS. I couldn't find it from searching their store normally, but from an old news post. I put my order in around 3 AM and had the code in my mailbox by 10. Considering they can't get the cards wholesale and have someone get the tickets from a store, then they have to scan the tickets and send the code to you by email, paying $37 doesn't seem quite so bad.

Lots of cool stuff, like Ore no Ryouri. For those of you who haven't played it, Gunners Heaven comes recommended highly. It's a shameless Gunstar Heroes ripoff, but it's a good game, and I had no qualms about buying it again for $6 for the convenience. Though, I wish the US store would catch up and put up some of the titles I want to try that have had US releases, like Philosoma, so I wouldn't have to go this route every time.
    Last edited by Grave; 22 Oct 2007 at 10:49 PM.

9. you get warhawk yet? Its gonna be me on the PS3 more since my 360 decided to RROD. It couldnt handle not being as awesome so it commited suicide <./sarc>
    b_ri on Twitch, Games Beaten in 2020 (3): Pokemon Sword (Sw), Detroit: Becoming Human (PS4), Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PS4),

10. Quote Originally Posted by B-Ri View Post
    you get warhawk yet? Its gonna be me on the PS3 more since my 360 decided to RROD. It couldnt handle not being as awesome so it commited suicide <./sarc>
    More like </waaah>
    R.I.P. Paragon Studios