Page 11 of 1104 FirstFirst ... 79101112131525 ... LastLast

Thread: Official XBLA Thread

1. Well you haven't played N+, so that statement couldn't be true. For all we know the controls and physics have been completely butchered in N+ completely ruining the game.

As for all 3 games, yes you can say one is better than the other, but it's completely pointless. I wouldn't even go as far as saying N is a "great" game, it's a fun diversion in a incomplete package (mostly because of the nature of Flash as a platform). On the other hand both Rez and Ikaruga are extremely well put together and fully featured games with fantastic production values (again that is partially attributed to their platform). Comparing N to either of those games is retarded simply because of the blatantly obvious difference in their production, let alone gameplay and features.
    Last edited by Brand X; 29 Oct 2007 at 04:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

2. I suppose that N+ could have been butchered and honestly I completely zoned out and forgot that the + was added to the XBLA name. So I've really been comparing the original this whole time, even though I looked like a moron.

Still, if N+ is even half as good as N, it's going to do more for me than Rez ever did. I don't get people saying it's better than Ikaruga though. It's better than Rez for me because Rez felt broken, not because N was some major achievement in gaming. Ikaruga on the other hand is one of the best constructed games in recent memory and N doesn't even touch it.

3. Rez is not broken. It is brilliant in every way.

4. Rez was good, but something bugged me about it the entire time.

I think it's fits into the same category as Shenmue, there's some things in each that will either turn you on or off. Some people think they're masterpieces, others just never get it. I just never got Rez, but I'm willing to give it another shot on XBLA.

5. Shenmue was awesome until I realize doing menial things in videogames isn't much fun. But the atmosphere is tops.

6. I agree.

Shenmue worked for me, but I understand how other people could be turned off. In reverse, Rez bugged me for some reason, but I get why other people could thing it's the tops.

7. Rez was definitely a cool game, but ultimately too simplistic, and the music wasn't good enough to carry the experience by itself (first and last tracks are great, the rest very forgettable).

Ikaruga is a masterpiece, no two ways about it. From its basic design core, to its flawless execution, and every nuance in between, it deserves every ounce of its hallowed reputation.

8. I can't play Rez more than once a year. And it's usually just to say "hey man check this out". I'm pretty confident that I've gotten more out of N. Hell, N is probably the only flash game I've enjoyed that isn't one of those "escape from the room" deals.

Ikaruga is awesome, but the whole "best in the genre" thing is a bit of a stretch.
    Last edited by Tain; 29 Oct 2007 at 06:24 PM.

9. N belongs on a cell phone, not XBLA.

EDIT: LOL or the DS
    Time for a change

10. I think Rez is fantastic.