Page 101 of 101 FirstFirst ... 879799100101
Results 1,001 to 1,009 of 1009

Thread: Official Xbox 360 Thread 666: blah blah blah

1. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    Anything running N now will run the finalized standard and seeing as how most IPs are jumping over the 54Mbps that 802.11G offers (inside of which you have redundancies, which means you're never really pushing more that 27Mbps in terms of actual data) in the next year or two it's not a stupid idea at all to get hardware that can handle that.
    I'm not sure I like the sound of these jumping IPs.

Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    Can the airport cover all that? I'm really not 100% sure, but I've never heard of an Airport having QoS.
    It doesn't matter. Tommy Tallarico wouldn't take any chances on a router that lets IPs leak out of the USB port.

Tommy Tallarico

"I can only say that there is not a man living who wishes more sincerely than I do to see a plan adopted for the abolition of slavery." - Tommy Tallarico

Yoshi it's time for a new "How many 360's are you on?" thread. You told me to remind you...
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

3. Number 5 is no longer alive.

Broke last night while I was trying to finish off COD4 on Veteran. Guess I'll be buying a new one today and swapping it out tomorrow.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Super-Eggroll View Post
    Number 5
    For serious? Christ.

5. For cereal.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    I know what I'm talking about when it comes to routers and you obviously don't if you're saying things like this:

It's called draft because it's just that, a rough draft. The final draft will be a firmware update, not a hardware change and it won't change compatibility. Anything running N now will run the finalized standard and seeing as how most IPs are jumping over the 54Mbps that 802.11G offers (inside of which you have redundancies, which means you're never really pushing more that 27Mbps in terms of actual data) in the next year or two it's not a stupid idea at all to get hardware that can handle that.

Also, I'll agree with you that the Airport is better for Moogle if you can just tell me what options it has in it's setup. I can go into my router and set up a QoS either through LAN or the wireless (or shit, have separate rules for both)with a ton of options covering priority, protocol (TCP, UPD or ICMP) and I can set up local and remote IP and Port ranges; not that I'd personally even need the last options respectively. It takes on click to set up a DMZ, there's a lot of slots for single port and port range forwarding as well as port triggering.

Can the airport cover all that? I'm really not 100% sure, but I've never heard of an Airport having QoS.
    Well, the Apple has DNS Redundancy, which keeps your IPs jumping the frequency bandwidth that was installed on your firmware update. I'm not sure if you even know what "firmware" means but if you don't, it's a config in your broadbands that allows for the latest in RAID level 4 to be upgraded on your networks.

"I can only say that there is not a man living who wishes more sincerely than I do to see a plan adopted for the abolition of slavery." - Tommy Tallarico

7. Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiMoogle View Post
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1157068454881

Thats what I bought.

I didnt get the gaming router but this one prioritizes game consoles anyways. Its not 5 ghz but everything I have is really close to my router.
    I have a dislike for D-Link since their G shit was so fucking horrible, but I've actually heard good things about that one, so hopefully it works for you.

If you need help setting up the QoS let me know and I'll walk you through it.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Kano on the Phone View Post
    Well, the Apple has DNS Redundancy, which keeps your IPs jumping the frequency bandwidth that was installed on your firmware update. I'm not sure if you even know what "firmware" means but if you don't, it's a config in your broadbands that allows for the latest in RAID level 4 to be upgraded on your networks.
    The worst part is, in my head a saw a little play of the nonsense in this post.

It was kind of like the Verizon commercials where "the network" is a bunch of guys following following someone around; except really small and it had some hard drives in it.

Meanwhile Marwan is taking notes.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.