Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Capcom Announces Biohazard CG film for 2008

1. Capcom Announces Biohazard CG film for 2008

Courtesy of http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=16023

Following the release of the live action Resident Evil: Extinction to cinemas, Japanese publisher and developer Capcom has announced plans for a new full-length CG animation feature, also based on the popular Resident Evil series of games.

The surprise announcement was made by Capcom Japan, who announced the feature as Biohazard: Degeneration – Biohazard being the Japanese name for the Resident Evil series.

Although receiving mixed critical acclaim, the trilogy of live action movies has been a considerable success for Capcom, with the first two movies both grossing more than $100 million at the international box office.

Extinction has seen the biggest opening so far for the movie series, with a fourth film already confirmed. A live action spin-offs featuring the Claire Redfield character has also been suggested, the character – like most in the three movies – bearing little relation to her portrayal in the games.

The new CG (computer generated) movie will be created in co-operation with Sony Picture’s Japanese subsidiary SPEJ. Few other details have been released, though, with only the promise of “groundbreaking visual effects and a brand-new story line”. The feature is planned for released in 2008, although it is not clear whether as a cinema or DVD release.
    XBL Gamertag = XMrWhitefolksX

2. What the hell?

Excellent. Beats horseshit like Final Fantasy.

4. FF7 Advent children was good fun and nerdiness all the way.

This will be worth a shot.

5. After the American Godzilla, Toho turned out a couple really good Japanese-made rubber monster suit flicks.

Maybe the anwser here is to keep making shitty American versions of Japanese franchises, and forcing them to do it properly themselves.

6. Better be R-rated. At least.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

7. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    Better be NC17 for HARDCORE ZOMBIE RAPE
    Fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

8. Quote Originally Posted by Thief Silver View Post
    FF7 Advent children was good fun and nerdiness all the way.

This will be worth a shot.
    Advent Children was the equivalent of feeling cancer grow and eat at you for a very long time.

That movie was complete shit and I don't know how anyone even liked it.

9. I don't think I could ever bring myself to actually watch FF7 Advent Children. I just get such a total shit vibe from it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Gas View Post
    Fixed.
    Thank you.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

10. Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    That movie was complete shit and I don't know how anyone even liked it.
    It was some of the best CG work I've ever seen, truly beautiful. After learning to model & animate in 3D I had a whole new respect for the movie (& Spirits Within for that matter).
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in