Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 791011121315 ... LastLast

Thread: Green Lantern

1. That's a shop. I don't mind the costume per-say, but it just looks so fake.

2. He looks like a dork.
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Shake
    Look, Yes. I have banged hundreds of broads...internationally. But know this, I wrap my rascal 2 times. 'Cause I like it to be joyless and without sensation, as a way of punishing super-models.

3. So here could be Dr. Hector Hammond.

Quote Originally Posted by SHH!

Peter Sarsgaard is in talks to play villain Dr. Hector Hammond in director Martin Campbell's Green Lantern, reports Heat Vision. Hammond is a pathologist and son of a senator who is seen as a disappointment in his father's eyes. He becomes infused with psychic powers when he discovers a meteor.

Sarsgaard is joining Ryan Reynolds and Blake Lively in the Warner Bros. comic book adaptation, opening in theaters on June 17, 2011.

Filming is scheduled to start in March in New Orleans. Donald De Line and Greg Berlanti are producing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	peter-sarsgaard.jpg 
Views:	542 
Size:	31.5 KB 
ID:	51265  
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

4. Jackie Earle Haley is the front runner for Sinestro.

Quote Originally Posted by AICN
    Merrick here...

Earlier this week, we learned that Peter Sarsgaard was in talks to play Dr. Hector Hammond in Martin Campbell's GREEN LANTERN movie. This disappointed fans who were hoping Sinestro would make an appearance in the film.
    Well...

Drew over at HitFix has learned that Sinestro may be in the movie after all - evidently in an introductory capacity with an aim towards using the character (and the actor playing him) in future installment.

And who's it gonna take that role? Looks like Harry's initial report that Jackie Earle Haley would play the part are panning out. Drew says...

Jackie Earle Haley is the only choice for Sinestro by the studio.

So I'm not going to play a semantics game here... there is a very real difference in meaning between terms like "in talks" and "in negotiations" and "on a list," and I'm not sure where they are in that process right now. But I am willing to say that Haley is the guy. He just wrapped up some additional shooting on "Nightmare" for the studio, and they're said to be extremely happy with his work in the film. The groundwork is being laid in the first "Lantern" for a much larger role for Sinestro later on if this first movie does well, and they like the idea of continuing their relationship with Haley.

...says Drew HERE. Be sure to click the link for more details.

5. Movie: don't fucking ask me to suspend my disbelief for rings that make green boxing gloves made of of light AND psychics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

6. Quote Originally Posted by Advocate View Post
    Jackie Earle Haley is the front runner for Sinestro.
    WAY too short.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Hubbitron View Post
    WAY too short.
    This came up when somebody reviewed the Sinestro figure in the DCU Classics line, which Mattel had accidentally used the teen-size body for, and the consensus was that it actually fit the character's personality, even if that's not the way he's usually drawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

8. Heh, actually, Gas is right, it could work, but Sinestro was more of a megalomaniac seeking to bring order to the world... through chaos, which never really made sense to me, but whatever.

9. Actually change in plans.

Quote Originally Posted by SHH!

Talking to MTV Splash Page earlier today, Green Lantern director Martin Campbell has debunked early rumors Jackie Earle Haley was first in line to play Hal Jordan's greatest enemy Sinestro. Instead, Mark Strong, recently seen as Lord Blackwood in Guy Ritchie's Sherlock Holmes and soon to be seen in Matthew Vaughn's upcoming Kick-Ass, is in talks for the part.

"He's not only a wonderful actor, but he looks like Sinestro. If you look up old pictures of Sinestro, he's very like him," he told them. "The Jackie Earle Haley thing, somebody told me about it this morning; I had never heard it before in my life."

They also asked him about some of the other characters who might appear in the movie to which Campbell replied: "Well, Kilowog will be. Tomar-Re is in it. Sinestro is in it. Abin Sur is in it. All the origin people. Carol [Ferris], of course, who will be played by Blake Lively. All the main characters are there, and it's a complex story. The origin story of Green Lantern is complex, probably one of the most complex, which makes it a challenge to get it right."

Let us know what you think of this possible villain casting and whether you could ever imagine Kilowog might appear in the Green Lantern movie.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	strong_sinestro.png 
Views:	522 
Size:	229.3 KB 
ID:	51337  
    Last edited by Advocate; 15 Jan 2010 at 09:48 PM.

10. Well, Kilowog will be
    Made my day, right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids