Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6161819202122 LastLast

Thread: Green Lantern

1. And only if you've had a lot of salty snacks that day.

2. Leaked image of the parasite Parallax.

Info:

Take a look at the space parasite and "living embodiment of fear" Hal Jordan's nemesis in the first Green Lantern movie.The Daily Blam! first put up the image on their site, now following a Studios request have taken it down.
    This is our first look at Parallax. The image apparently comes from an upcoming issue of the Green Lantern comic, much like the new photo of Hector Hammond in Green Lantern #59. We're not sure how this image got out so early considering issues #60 and 61 won't hit stores until December. The character is described as follows: An ancient horror, Parallax the living embodiment of fear, a demonic parasitic entity which would travel from world to world, causing entire societies to destroy themselves out of fear and paranoia. It is known to ravage planets and strike terror into the hearts of even the Guardians of the Universe.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	500x_para_01.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	69.0 KB 
ID:	58987  
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

3. So I saw this. It's much better than the 22% at rotten tomatoes would have you believe. If they do what I think they're going to start up for the sequel my dick will be so hard.

4. Yeah, I saw this too despite the terrible reviews. It was way better than expected. It was shockingly true to the comic and didn't really seem mainstream for a big buget summer movie. I mean it was nerdy as shit, but in a good way.

5. The trailer looked really, really bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Chux View Post
    If they do what I think they're going to start up for the sequel my dick will be so hard.
    this.

7. I'm going to have to agree with the two bitches above me...I know the reviews have been shitting all over this, but I was entertained. Very solid movie (but nothing compared to X-Men: First Class, of course). RR was good and the different ways they used his power ring for stuff was fun and unique for a superhero flick- it kind of reminded me of Jim Carry's The Mask in a way. The pacing could have been better, but overall this isn't nearly as bad as people are saying.

One MAJOR problem with this movie, however...the nerdy scientist bad guy. The audience was cracking up every single time he walked onto the screen because he just LOOKED AND ACTED SO FUCKING RETARDED. At the end, when he rolled out in the wheelchair with the super-bloated head and jowl, you'd have thought the movie was a comedy based on the audience's reaction. It's like Green Lantern was fighting Eric Stoltz from Mask. No idea how he made it past storyboards, but but this fucker's the worst movie bad guy in years.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 18 Jun 2011 at 10:20 AM.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    One MAJOR problem with this movie, however...the bad guy. The audience was cracking up every single time he walked onto the screen because he just LOOKED AND ACTED SO FUCKING RETARDED. At the end when he rolled out in the wheelchair you'd have thought the movie was a comedy based on the audience's reaction. No idea how he made it past storyboards.
    Hallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.

9. He was real good at screaming.

10. And looking like a retard!