Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71719202122 LastLast

Thread: Green Lantern

1. My girlfriends family invited me to this today since her dad really wants to see it and I guess I'm gonna have to see it.

As someone who didn't see the second Iron Man, Transformers, Thor or either of the last two X-Men films I was getting pretty happy with my streak of not seeing shitty super hero derp derp movies in theaters. Oh well.
    Last edited by Opaque; 19 Jun 2011 at 06:21 PM.

2. I saw it on Friday and really liked it. I really do not get where all the hate for this movie is coming from. It definitely has some pacing issues, but I think all origin stories made movies do.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

3. Agreed. They were true to the characters and story not to mention the setup for the following film(s). Anyone else catch John Stewart?

4. Quote Originally Posted by Hubbitron View Post
    Agreed. They were true to the characters and story not to mention the setup for the following film(s). Anyone else catch John Stewart?
    Wait, when?

5. On imdb lolz. Hes in it but now i have to go see it again to see where. I think hes one of the bar fight guys. Oh well i was going to anyway.

6. It was half good half stupid time filling crap.

The direction it's heading though with Sinestro and the yellow ring could be awesome. Just no more crap with the chick.

7. BUT THE SAPPHIRE LANTERNS POWER COMES FROM HOPE

8. So, what's Sinestro's deal in the comics? I never really read Green Lantern.

9. Ex Green Lantern who taught Hal and then he got all into the Yellow energy stuff and now he's bad.

The movie did a perfect job with him, actually.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    So, what's Sinestro's deal in the comics? I never really read Green Lantern.
    Sinestro was the corps best GL for a long time. Then he started getting a bit out there in his ideas. He felt the GL corps should control the universe through fear and use lethal force. He started ruling his home planet through, fear, intimidation and basically becoming a dictator. The guardians find out about it and strip him of his ring. So he goes out and has a yellow power ring made and comes back to destroy the corps.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.