Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: Green Lantern

1. SOOOO ... the script is done and the preliminary storyboards worked out.

Now who will play Hal Jordan???

Nope he just denied the rumor made famous on LatinoReview, at the Terminator: Salvation panel at WonderCon.

Quote Originally Posted by IESB.net
    IESB is at WonderCon and spoke with cast members from TERMINATOR SALVATION today, including Anton Yelchin who was recently rumored to be in talks to play Hal Jordan in the new WB GREEN LANTERN live action film. First reported over at LatinoReview, the rumor has today proved false, straight from the mouth of Yelchin himself. IESB was on hand at the Terminator Salvation panel at WonderCon as well as the press roundtables (more on these later) when Yelchin addressed the rumors,

"I had no idea about that...I have no clue." He continued, "I have no idea. I think I'm probably too young. I mean, no one has approached me. No one has said anything to me. I imagine I'm just too young. I mean, it's a great character but i don't know anything about it...I haven't heard anything about it."

Too young and too small. Hal Jordan is the man in the new script. Women should be falling at his feet, something I don't see happening with Yelchin.
    WB still wants Ryan Gosling although he's turned it down at least three times.

Yelchin plays a young Kyle Reese in McG's new Terminator film, a role made famous by Michael Biehn in the original 1984 film starring Arnold Schwarzeneggar.
    Or ... (WB is trying to get him; the guy below)

Ryan Gosling. Well even though WB is courting him hard ... He has turned it down Three times already.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ryan_gosling.jpg 
Views:	766 
Size:	31.1 KB 
ID:	44146   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	anton-yelchin-teen-vogue-young-hollywood-party-xwE9GZ.jpg 
Views:	756 
Size:	24.2 KB 
ID:	44147  
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

2. Wonder why they're turning down the role of GL. Is the script that bad? I really have no idea who would be good to play Hal, it really depends on which point in his life they're depicting.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv View Post
    Wonder why they're turning down the role of GL. Is the script that bad? I really have no idea who would be good to play Hal, it really depends on which point in his life they're depicting.
    Origin tale.

4. This'll probably turn out better than any live-action fooferaw:
    The fabric of intergalactic justice is threatened – until Hal Jordan arrives for his initial mission – in the animated Green Lantern: First Flight, the fifth entry in the popular DVD series of DC Universe Animated Original PG-13 Movies. A co-production of Warner Premiere, DC Comics and Warner Bros. Animation, the illuminated hero’s first-ever full-length animated film is set for release by Warner Home Video on July 28, 2009. Green Lantern: First Flight will be available as a special edition 2-disc version on DVD and Blu-Ray™ Hi-Def for $29.98 (SRP) and $34.99 (SRP), respectively, as well as single disc DVD for $19.98 (SRP). Order due date for all versions is June 23, 2009.

Acclaimed actor Christopher Meloni (Law & Order: Special Victims Unit) fills the lead voice of Hal Jordan aka Green Lantern. Meloni is joined by fellow Emmy Award nominee Victor Garber (Milk, Titanic) as the villainous Sinestro, Tricia Helfer (Battlestar Galactica) as the voice of Boodikka, and Michael Madsen (Reservoir Dogs) as Kilowog.

Produced by animation legend Bruce Timm, Green Lantern: First Flight is helmed by heralded director Lauren Montgomery (Wonder Woman, Superman Doomsday) and scripted by four-time Emmy Award-winning writer Alan Burnett (The Batman).

Green Lantern: First Flight finds Hal Jordan recruited to join the Green Lantern Corps and placed under the supervision of respected senior Lantern Sinestro. The earthling soon discovers his mentor is actually the central figure in a secret conspiracy that threatens the philosophies, traditions and hierarchy of the entire Green Lantern Corps. Hal must quickly hone his newfound powers and combat the treasonous Lanterns within the ranks to maintain order in the universe.

Green Lantern: First Flight - 2 Disc Special Edition versions will include incredible bonus features such as:

Over three hours of extra content
    Two Featurettes
    Digital Copy Download
    Widescreen (1.78:1)

Two Episodes of Justice League hand-picked by animation legend Bruce Timm

Green Lantern: First Flight Blu-Ray versions will include all the great extras as the 2-disc

Special Edition as well as an additional two episodes of Justice League picked by Bruce Timm.

5. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Put Jack Black back in this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

6. I wonder how the Bruce Timm thing is going to turn out. Cause honestly Superman Doomsday, and Justice League New Frontier were complete and total pieces of shit. Wonder Woman was actually pretty good though, though I don't know how close or far it strayed from the comic version.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

7. They had it right with Nathan Fillion. All these other guys are way too fucking young. Hal is not supposed to be a spunky teenager for chrissake.
    Quote Originally Posted by William Oldham
    Sing a song of Madeleine-Mary
    A tune that all can carry
    Burly says if we don't sing
    Then we won't have anything...

8. Yeah, if they insist on centering it around some tween-bait heartthrob, they should cast him as Kyle, not Hal, and have Fillion as Hal and... oh, Avery Brooks as John Stewart in mentor roles.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

9. Jon Stewart as John Stewart, imo

10. This is one of the concept art pieces he used to seel the movie to the Studio. I can't find anymore of it, but months ago he had a whole plethora.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	greenlantern1.jpg 
Views:	274 
Size:	37.1 KB 
ID:	44164