Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345717 ... LastLast

Thread: Green Lantern

1. Sayeth Drew McWeeny, formerly Moriarty of AICN:
    Tuesday, May 5, 2009
    HitFix Exclusive: Does The Green Lantern have a 'Hangover'?
    Posted by Drew McWeeny

Bradley Cooper is one of the main choices being considered for the big-budget movie version of 'The Green Lantern' by director Martin Campbell
    Credit: AP Photo/Peter Kramer

"Who the hell is Bradley Cooper?!"

That was my producer on the horror film we've been trying to cast for the last six months when I first brought up the idea of casting Bradley Cooper as the lead in the film. I've liked the guy's work since the first season of "Alias," but when you're casting a film, specifically in the independent world, there's a list of people that they'll consider, and how much money your financiers will give you depends largely on who you have playing the lead in the film. And when his name came up last summer, at my suggestion, it was quickly apparent that no one signing the checks knew or cared who he was.

Man, are they gonna be sorry.

I just got out of a screening of "The Hangover," and while my review for that is embargoed and won't be published until closer to the film's release, I can safely say that everyone involved is going to have a very, very good summer. And Cooper in particular really steps up in his first comic lead. He's demonstrated some real range over the last few years, and this feels like a sort of graduation for him as a performer.

[more after the jump]

But his biggest role yet is the one he may be playing for Warner Bros. later this summer. I've just spent the last hour or so on the phones, tracking down a rumor I heard, and HitFix can exclusively report that Bradley Cooper is now one of the guys most likely to don the suit and slip on the power ring as The Green Lantern for director Martin Campbell.

Let's be clear: they have not hired him yet. But the process is far enough along that this is more than just a meeting or some spot on a wish list. Keep in mind that Campbell likes to see a lot of people when he's casting... and even when he's screen-testing, he seems willing to explore as many options as possible... but with the film set to shoot later this summer, they've got to start making their choices, and now's the time to put people in front of the camera and see who really works in the suit.

I'm not a betting man, but if I were, I would bet that Cooper's going to be the guy, and I'm going to also bet that the next time someone has that conversation about casting a movie, and they're running down a list of names, no one is going to have to ask "Who the hell is Bradley Cooper?" because they'll know.
    I must confess I'm in the who the hell is this guy crowd. I'll definitely be seeing this Hangover movie now, though.
    Last edited by Space Pirate Roberts; 06 May 2009 at 02:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

2. He was in Midnight Meat Train.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

3. Yeah, he's a pretty good actor, I think he'd be decent at this.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

4. If true its a good pick.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

5. Wasn't he the douchebag brother in Wedding Crashers?

6. Warners has spent the past five months searching for the actor to play Hal Jordan, the hot-shot Air Force pilot who is chosen by a dying alien to be his successor in an intergalactic police force known as the Green Lanterns. This week, the race narrowed to Bradley Cooper, Ryan Reynolds and Justin Timberlake.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 13.png 
Views:	226 
Size:	144.0 KB 
ID:	46961  
    b_ri on Twitch, Games Beaten in 2020 (3): Pokemon Sword (Sw), Detroit: Becoming Human (PS4), Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PS4),

7. Timberlake. Why?

8. Other than SNL have we really seen him do much? But my vote is for Renolds. He's got the same goofy Smile Hal does.

9. What was wrong with Jack Black?
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

10. Only other comic book movie I want to see Reynolds in is Deadpool,and yeah, fuck Timberlake.Hopefully the other guy,Cooper, will get it. He's actually a pretty decent actor.