Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3567891121 ... LastLast

Thread: Green Lantern

1. What, that it should star Jack Black? No one said that.

Iron Man's powers actually read on film.

GL? Panel to panel works. Nobody's convincingly figured out how to make a green bald eagle or whatever squirt out of that ring in animation.
    Last edited by YellerDog; 13 Jul 2009 at 02:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

2. Plus how stupid is it going to look when the bad guy paints himself yellow and starts whupping GL's ass like a little bitch?

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

3. It was awesome when they had Batman do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

4. GL could theoretically die from slipping on a banana peel and breaking his neck on a yellow fire hydrant. Psh.

HAY let's make a super hero that has unlimited cosmic power as much as his will provides but can be taken out by a loony in a slicker weilding a freshly sharpened no. 2 pencil!

Hell, you could piss on him and there's nary a thing he could do about it.
    I'm not a devious man by nature... but when you're unarmed, your tactics might gonna be downright Archimedean.

5. Originally, it was believed that the "yellow impurity" was implanted deliberately because the Guardians wanted the rings to have a weakness to prevent a Green Lantern from becoming all-powerful. More recent events have revealed that the "yellow impurity" was in fact caused by a yellow energy being, named Parallax, made of pure fear imprisoned in the Central Power Battery. Following the defeat of this creature, an experienced wielder of a power ring can, with effort, overcome the yellow weakness by recognizing the fear behind it, and facing that fear.
    They could just pretend like everybody can conquer it.

6. Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ASBaR_Pie_b.jpg 
Views:	562 
Size:	44.7 KB 
ID:	47037  

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

7. lols @ pie.

8. *swoons for Batman*

9. Two news articles.

One: GL production has left Australia, before it even began.

Quote Originally Posted by LatinoReview
    Hey folks, Harry here with the latest bit of Superhero Film Casting News and it is very strange indeed. According to actor, Matthias Schweighöfer, who you may have seen in VALKYRIE or RED BARON - in an article in the German edition of Gentlemen's Quarterly aka GQ, he states that he's in the running for a role in Branagh's THOR, but he also mentions that Jude Law and Robert DeNiro have joined the cast. Now, I don't doubt that they have, they're very much the sort of Actor I would expect from a Kenneth Branagh helmed THOR film, I'm just absolutely flummoxed to think who they are playing. I have to give thanks to our German reader, "I SAY THEE FUCKING KA-JAY!" for giving me the heads up on the article. And for that matter, who would Matthias Schweighöfer play? Interesting times as these Superhero films rush to begin shooting soon!

Two: Jackie Earl Hallie as Sinestro and a Supoerman cameo.

Quote Originally Posted by AICN

Hey folks, Harry here with the most awesome - pretty reliable - rumor of the day. I'm putting this in the caveat as a rumor - as opposed to a rock solid, take it to the bank story. Right now, Martin Campbell is in the process of finalizing the rest of the cast for GREEN LANTERN to surround Ryan Reynolds with. And I'm not sure why, but I've just hit the point where I'm giddy and hopeful about a GREEN LANTERN movie. This story came from someone working on the film. That part is solid, what isn't - and won't be till it all gets finalized is the fact that JACKIE EARLE HALEY is leading the list to play SINESTRO!!! That's just about perfect in my book! Something that makes me absolutely giddy as all hell! Oh... and according to my source, it's looking like SUPERMAN will be making a cameo, but that all depends upon how... other DC things go, but it is an indicator that DC is paying attention and taking note of what MARVEL is doing, which has excited all of us so much! But remember, you heard it all here first!
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

10. MTV talked to Ryan Reynolds ...

Quote Originally Posted by MTV Movie News
    After offering up some thoughts about Green Lantern's costume, Reynolds told MTV News that the scenes in which Hal Jordan isn't in costume will likely be the most memorable from the film — much like Robert Downey Jr.'s time spent out of Tony Stark's armor in "Iron Man."

"I think you walk away from this first film, and the moments that you remember and the moments that mean so much to you, not unlike 'Iron Man,' are the moments where the guy's not in the suit," said Reynolds.

However, Reynolds acknowledged that developing those moments amid the cosmic action central to "Green Lantern" is a daunting task — after all, a test pilot who receives a super-powered ring from a dying alien is likely to demand a much different tone than a billionaire industrialist building his own battle armor.

"That to me is the tough thing to get right," he explained. "And that's something that they did get right [in 'Iron Man']. You see why this guy's in the suit, and that's what's interesting to me. Not that he is in the suit, but why."

With "Green Lantern" scheduled to begin shooting next year (possibly in New Orleans), Reynolds shied away from calling the film's plot an origin story, despite the need to introduce Hal Jordan to mainstream movie audiences.

"It is [an origin story] to a certain degree, but it's not a labored origin story, where the movie [truly] begins in the third act," he explained. "The movie starts when it starts. We find out Hal is the guy fairly early on, and the adventure begins."
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.