Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 467891012 ... LastLast

Thread: Green Lantern

1. I think Green Lantern offers a really unique perspective and opportunity for the people behind the scenes to create a new and interesting alien / cosmic story. Sometimes in movies like ET and War of the World's the aliens are interesting enough that you'd like to see some of their worlds, too. But there's no real vehicle for a human to be in space. The ring solves that issue. If Hal is made to just be at the right place at the right time when he accepts the ring the story could unfold from his perspective really neatly. If they shoot the initial scene of discovering the alien crash like an ET (loads of suspense and wonder) the movie could appeal to everybody quite easily.

Somehow I don't think they're going to be putting that much thought in to it, and it will probably end up being generic summer blockbuster action movie #3.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

2. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    Personally, I think there's a zero chance the DP movie will ever get made now (for such a minor character you gotta strike while the iron is hot), which is probably for the best considering how bad the Wolvie movie ruined him.
    The Wolvie movie ruined everything.

3. Pretty much, yeah. We really need an hard R-rated Wolvie movie where he just goes apeshit and kills everyone. But that'll never happen 'cause they need the action figures for Walmart.

Back to Green Lantern- I have no expectations for this movie. Unless they're given a major overhaul during filming, GL's powers/weaknesses are just too goofy to be taken seriously. I mean, if GL starts punching people with a giant disembodied green fist I'm just gonna LOL till I pee. If they do go that route then maybe they can have the fucking Wonder Twins cameo as an ice bucket and water or some shit.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 02 Dec 2009 at 01:39 PM.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

4. I would laugh if we saw a giant fist come out of the ring and punch niggers in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

5. Not only will there be a giant fist, but there most certainly will be some cheesy "oh noes, the color yellow" shit too. There will not be, however, a Corp, Killawog, or any alien other than Sinestro, who they will likely make human anyhow.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    Pretty much, yeah. We really need an hard R-rated Wolvie movie where he just goes apeshit and kills everyone. But that'll never happen 'cause they need the action figures for Walmart.

Back to Green Lantern- I have no expectations for this movie. Unless they're given a major overhaul during filming, GL's powers/weaknesses are just too goofy to be taken seriously. I mean, if GL starts punching people with a giant disembodied green fist I'm just gonna LOL till I pee. If they do go that route then maybe they can have the fucking Wonder Twins cameo as an ice bucket and water or some shit.
    Since they don't want to start big for the first movie in a likely trilogy, I have a suggestion for the first villain: dude in a charlie brown shirt wielding a banana.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

7. They can do better than that-

James
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1897-10-24.jpg 
Views:	389 
Size:	217.1 KB 
ID:	50317  
    Last edited by James; 03 Dec 2009 at 04:12 AM.

8. Green Lantern

I cant wait to see my friends reaction when he hears about this. Green Lantern is one of his favorite super heroes.

Im not really sure how they could pull this off without making it really bad. My expectations for it are low, but hey; it could work.

9. I hope Sinestro defeats GL by peeing on him.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww