Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5789

Thread: X-Files 2

1. I was as big an X-File fan as it it gets and I don't care. I'll buy it off the discount rack down the road. In the meantime, I'll watch The Wire.

2. ... so nobody at TNL saw this?

Is this a first? This is fucking weird.

3. I saw it. I liked it, even if it was just to see Mulder and Scully again.

Someone apparently forgot they were going to release this in theatres. I saw it as a regular episode with an extra half hour tacked on.

4. Man, I'm so glad I walked out before seeing this.
    The movie's final shot is just mind-bendingly, stunningly, fanbase-killingly awful. You ready? I'm spoiling this:

The end credits feature a too-bouncy remix of Mark Snow's "X-Files" theme over shots of the snowscapes we've been seeing for the entire film. Gradually, the snow melts into water. Suddenly, mid-credits, you're flying over a sunny tropical seascape. A tiny rowboat sneaks into view. It contains a shirtless Mulder and a bikini-clad Scully -- apparently on some sort of post-horrorshow, relationship-healing vacation, where I guess they'll while away the days sipping rum punch until the aliens land.

The camera pauses over them, looking down -- and they look up and wave.

I am not making this up.

Everything wrong with "The X-Files: I Want to Believe" is summed up in that final shot, which is now the final image we have of these characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

5. I'd like to see scully in a bikini

6. It's a "credit bonus". I wouldn't take it deathly serious. Surprise surprise, AICN is outraged --OUTRAGED!!! about something that doesn't matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

7. Maybe Mulder and Scully died and are in heaven sippin 40's! Spoiler?

I kinda want to see this but nobody else does (except my friend April and we have conflicting work schedules at the moment) and only losers go see movies by themselves.

360 TNL NETFLIX CHAT DAY ONE IMO
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

9. I'm in.