Page 1 of 18 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: The mist

1. The mist

Ever since I read the short story in middle school I always thought this would be a great movie. Well seems like after years and years I've finally got my wish.

Check the trailer here
    http://stephenking.com/pages/news/mi...l_trailer.html
    Or here
    http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809834165/video/3906309/

This might be the first movie I'll goto in theathers in a loooong time. This looks pretty faithful to the short story also. One thing about the short story was it didn't really have a closure, so maybe now the story will have a true ending and not leave things open.

Comes out November 21st.

2. Saw this on the Spike TV Scream Awards. Looks sick.

I've never read the story, but from what I can tell that mist has something to do with unleashing hell on earth, literally.

Thomas Jane said this movie is the reason he didn't do Punisher 2.

3. To sum things up about the short story. A storm hits a small town and this fog starts in the local lake. Soon the fog starts to envelope the whole town and strange creatures seem to grow, thrive and live in the mist. Things pretty much go nuts and everyone goes into a police state/state of confusion/survival.

4. My gf is dying to see this- she loves the short story.

I've never read it, but the trailers look cool. Didn't the story just involve dinosaurs, however? The monsters in the trailer look more like shit out of Silent Hill.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

5. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    My gf is dying to see this- she loves the short story.

I've never read it, but the trailers look cool. Didn't the story just involve dinosaurs, however? The monsters in the trailer look more like shit out of Silent Hill.
    From what I remember, there were dinosaur type creatures, tenticles, and all sorts of other stuff. The yahoo link has another trailer which shows more monsters than the first one.

Also this is being directed by the same guy who directed and did the screen play for the green mile and shawshank redeption. Him and Stephen king make a good team.

6. I don't see how you can make this a full on movie. I love the story, but this is going to drag on.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Rtificial View Post
    From what I remember, there were dinosaur type creatures, tenticles, and all sorts of other stuff. The yahoo link has another trailer which shows more monsters than the first one.
    Yeah, I saw the new trailer when I saw Saw 4 last night. Looked cool.

Also this is being directed by the same guy who directed and did the screen play for the green mile and shawshank redeption. Him and Stephen king make a good team.
    Agreed. Actually, I didn't know it was the same director. Interest +1.

Quote Originally Posted by Biff-chan View Post
    I don't see how you can make this a full on movie. I love the story, but this is going to drag on.
    Dude, countless King shorts have been turned into full-length movies. Even The Shawshank Redemption was originally just a novella.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

8. As I recall, The Mist wasn't typical short story length; it was something like a novella, at around 100 pages or so. There was plenty of bickering between people trapped in the supermarket - they split into two groups, I think - and I imagine it will all be examined in the film, in addition to all the creatures.

Lookng forward to it.

Satoshi Kon: 1963-2010

9. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post

Dude, countless King shorts have been turned into full-length movies. Even The Shawshank Redemption was originally just a novella.
    Actually the best of his adaptions, tended to be his short stories.
    Quote Originally Posted by William Oldham
    Sing a song of Madeleine-Mary
    A tune that all can carry
    Burly says if we don't sing
    Then we won't have anything...

10. Yes, but The Mist? C'mon dude.

OMG HI I live in Maine, OMG there is this weird fog coming! LET'S GO TO THE STORE!! OMG LOOK AT TEH UBER BUGS!!! Hey it's a crazy bitch! Let's leave, OMG MORE UBER BUGS AND ANIMAL TYPE STUFF!! Hey, a hotel......
    Last edited by Othello Harrington; 30 Oct 2007 at 08:50 PM.