Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Virtua Fighter 5 (360) $39.99 at CC next week

1. Virtua Fighter 5 (360) $39.99 at CC next week

From 11/4 to 11/10

VF5 (360) for 39.99

Buy COD4 (360) get COD3 free

I might have to spend $100 to get all 3.

2. Damn the 4th Quarter...so hard to save $$$.

3. I had no plans to get either one but this is pretty tempting. Even though I know if I pick up VF5 that'll end up costing me $100+ since I'll have to pick up a stick.

4. It actually plays alright with the standard controller because a lot of the moves are done by hitting directions instead of doing actual motions.

Then again, maybe that's just because of the character I'm playing right now (Kage).

If you like fighters at all, you need to give VF5 a try.

5. Sucks that I cannot use my PS2 Hori RAP stick on the 360.

6. Very tempting, although I'll probably end up having Best Buy price match it, as I've got some reward zone money I'd like to use, and this is a good purchase to use it on.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

7. Quote Originally Posted by wEEman33 View Post
    It actually plays alright with the standard controller because a lot of the moves are done by hitting directions instead of doing actual motions.
    Actually, I find that makes it worse. All the 360 dpads I've used have a lot trouble registering taps, making it pretty awful for fighting, puzzle, and platform (say like, SotN) games. Dashing, super-jumping, and f,f or b,b moves are the worst, and I'm forced to play stuff like Lumines with the analogue stick. The dpads seemed okay with rolling motions and holds. May just be bad luck for me though.

In any case, I'll probably try to grab VF5 for $40 when I'm in the States this weekend. I just know buying it is pretty much demanding a stick purchase of some sort, but there's plenty of other games that deserve it too, heh.

8. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    Sucks that I cannot use my PS2 Hori RAP stick on the 360.
    You can but you'll need an XFPS to do it. Maybe there is another PS2 to 360 converter out there somewhere.

9. Quote Originally Posted by soundwave View Post
    You can but you'll need an XFPS to do it. Maybe there is another PS2 to 360 converter out there somewhere.
    I read that there is lag... can anyone confirm? Plus, the thing is too expensive for impulse buy.

10. I got the old version of the XFPS for ~$70. The new version has better keyboard/mouse synchronization but I bought mine primarily for PS2 conversion. I've been using it for months and I don't notice any lag (plays VF5 perfectly).