Page 5 of 86 FirstFirst ... 34567919 ... LastLast

Thread: This Month's Haul - November 2007

1. Quote Originally Posted by D_N_G View Post
    finally was able to find this for a decent price

A Zed & Two Noughts DVD

My condolences. Greenaway has made some good films but this one's just a parade of his obsessions without any of the stuff that makes his good movies compelling.

2. Quote Originally Posted by nameless_one View Post
    It really needs to have xbla or psn release. I remember hearing something about that but I don't have a link
    Wasn't it in an interview with a Marvel video games representative? I want to say it was with 1UP, but don't hold me to that.

The upcoming EA fighting game looks somewhat interesting, although it fails if it doesn't have four-player fighting (see :heart: Power Stone 2).

3. Do either the HDA2 or HDA3 do 1080p?

If you don't like my posts click here

4. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    Imaginary Haul: MvC2 for PS2. Saw a used copy in great condition used at GS, but 79.99, even with 35% off (coupon) isn't worth it IMO....
    Good. You passed up the worst available port of this game.

5. And Berserk Volume 13, but the cover of that is NSFW.
    www.classic-games.net updated every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

6. What's on the cover?

7. Quote Originally Posted by Rumpy View Post
    What's on the cover?
    probably tenticles and dripping snatch.

8. Can't have one without the other.

9. Quote Originally Posted by nameless_one View Post
    It really needs to have xbla or psn release. I remember hearing something about that but I don't have a link
    You talking about this little bit?
    Still not thinking right? Then it isn't working.

10. Quote Originally Posted by morphix View Post
    Do either the HDA2 or HDA3 do 1080p?
    yes, you will display 1080p on your 1080p set with both the A2 and the A3

on a 1080p capable TV a 1080 signal is 1920X1080 resolution no matter how you look at it. 1080p TVs have good quality built in descalers/deinterlacers

almost all HD media (Blu/hddvds) are encoded in 1080p

from the source (HD media) if 1080p is presented to a 1080p device (HD/blu ray player), it delivers a single 1920x1080 frame . the 1080p tv will receive the single frame and display it in one pass ie. Progressive

from the source (HD media) if 1080p is presented to a 1080i device (HD/blu ray player), it delivers 2 1920x540 frames . the 1080p tv will receive the 2 frames in buffer the descaler/deinterlacer will combine the frames and form a single 1920x1080 frame and display it in one pass ie. Progressive

there is no upconversion required in this process only deinterlacing. this means all data is always exactly the same as the source material and is displayed as such in the final result. there is no delay as there is an expected frame cadence and the tv handles the deinterlacing immediatley

also it is most likely that you would never be able to tell the difference between a 1080i and a 1080p picture in the first place. there are very few people that can

its all marketing BS to make average joe consumer think there is a difference between different technologies, just to sell you a "full hd" item.