Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BioShock, X-Com Sequels in Development at 2K Studios?

BioShock, X-Com Sequels in Development at 2K Studios?

Quote Originally Posted by Josh

2. Bioshock's story is finished and no X-Com sequel has touched the original. I'd rather have new IPs.

3. You know, I'm really hoping the only real DLC we get for BioShock is a better ending. After that, yeah, put it to bed.

A new X-COM is one of those things we keep getting excited about, knowing it's a good idea, and then are consistently fucked over. Just put a port of the original X-COM on DS Lite (or make fucking Rebelstar playable on it), so then Yoshi can put another notch in his belt and the franchise can finally die with some dignity.
    Time for a change

4. The homebrew scene is working on porting X-Com to the DS already.

5. I've heard them refer to Bioshock as a franchise enough times to know this was coming.

I wonder how they handle it. I somehow doubt it'll be set in Rapture and somehow continuing the same thing unless maybe it's a prequel.

X-Com's a surprise, though.

My thought on BioShock is that it could work in a Silent Hill mold, where the theme is similar, but the stories are mostly unrelated.

7. Eh... I dunno. Rapture is what made Bioshock and I can't see another game taking place there unless it's a prequel, and if there's just going to be thematic similarities then it's really just another Shock game, not another Bioshock.

Yeah, splitting hairs and all that, but just once in this industry I'd like to see a good idea executed well and then left alone.

8. I actually read the article in the original post and there's much more interesting info in there than the fact that they're making a new Bioshock.

It says that Irrational Games has pretty much completely shattered and everyone hates Ken Levine, Bioshock 2 will be developed by their new studio in San Francisco, Ken Levine is doing the X-Com game, and the australian team is more or less starting from scratch

What the fuck happened?

9. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    I actually read the article in the original post and there's much more interesting info in there than the fact that they're making a new Bioshock.

It says that Irrational Games has pretty much completely shattered and everyone hates Ken Levine, Bioshock 2 will be developed by their new studio in San Francisco, Ken Levine is doing the X-Com game, and the australian team is more or less starting from scratch

What the fuck happened?
    Ken Levine's an ass who nobody wants to work for, regardless of the quality of his work. Kind of like Lars Von Trier except not as crazy.

10. Why is he an ass though? I mean his approach to design and philosophy seemed to be a huge part of what made Bioshock the game that it was.