Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Insane WalMart HDplayer deal,Toshiba HD-A2 99 bucks + 5 free movies.

1. Insane WalMart HDplayer deal,Toshiba HD-A2 99 bucks + 5 free movies.

Toshiba HD-A2 99 bucks 8 AM instore only at walmart

http://holiday.ri-walmart.com/?secti...ampaign=secret

99 bucks at bestbuy too if you can find them

5 free movies with mail in

also, its one of the best players for upconverting SD on the market

2. I am tempted, but that would just make me buy movies. So I will pass, great deal though.

3. Ugh, thats really tempting. I dont want to waste money on these and movies if everything goes Blu Ray. Damnit.
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"

4. walmart backing hd only and a 99 dollar player, really puts blu ray at a disadvantage right now.

either way, there are good movies on both formats. you could always sell the 5 free movies and it would be like getting an hd player for 50 bucks or less

plus the SD upconversion is really badass on this. cant go wrong when the only sd mainstream players that rival cost equal to or more. a sony s75 is 100 bucks and an oppo is 150-200

im going to replace an oppo with one myself

5. Bump, go get em, 8 AM

6. I got mine today one of the last ones and I walked into walmart at like 8:03. No 5 free movie mail in thing though.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv View Post
    I got mine today one of the last ones and I walked into walmart at like 8:03. No 5 free movie mail in thing though.
    Its not a Walmart promotion. Its Toshiba

http://www.tacp.com/hddvd/data/pdf/T...Rebate_R08.pdf

All you need is UPC code on box and photocopy of receipt.

Went to Walmart in Westbury and sold out. According to SlickDeals, another person went yesterday and asked. He said the store wasnt going to get anything. I saw people walking out with laptops though. I'm thinking about going to Best Buy. Thats just more gas money being spent..especially if they dont even have it.

*EDIT*
    Just placed order through Best Buy's website even though it said SOLD OUT and no store pickup. I got the page through Google's cache. Order went through and I got confirmation email. So we'll see
    Last edited by bandit; 02 Nov 2007 at 09:05 AM.

8. I just got back from Wal-Mart - they had a whole shelf filled with these things, but I passed on it in favor of the $350 laptop. I also don't want to buy a player until this 'format war' is over, but at $100, it was very tempting.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

9. Quote Originally Posted by bandit View Post
    Its not a Walmart promotion. Its Toshiba

http://www.tacp.com/hddvd/data/pdf/T...Rebate_R08.pdf

All you need is UPC code on box and photocopy of receipt.

Ahhh I thought they gave you the coupon for it at the store. Sweet gonna have to mail that in.

From talking to the people in line they had a HUGE display of these at the store I was at. (there were about 5 left when I got there and they were gone by the time I checked out) I have to say at least walmart has gotten better about enforcing 1 per customer, 1 guy there was trying to buy 4 or 5 of them at once and they wouldn't let him. Then he kept trying to come back to buy more and they had to keep telling him he already got his allotted 1 per customer.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

10. I wonder If i should go get one... If there will still be some at 9:45