Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Buy Mario Galaxy at TRU, receive $25 gift card

1. Quote Originally Posted by B-Ri View Post
    ALSO: apparently BB are price matching the deal, $25 SMG
    I will do this on my lunch break today and report what I find.

2. Quote Originally Posted by B-Ri View Post

The ones near me certainly aren't.

3. I hate freakin' Toys R Us. I called the same (2) stores I went to yesterday. The 1st one (near work) told me they have copies in but can't sell them until Sunday because it's corporate policy (WTF?!) and the other one (near home) said they are all sold out and they're currently calling back the people on the list they took yesterday evening. I happen to be on that list and have yet to receive a call. I ALWAYS have problems with Toys R Us...

4. im leaving right now, if they dont have it today they are losing my business forever.

if they dont have my fucking coin theyre losing it too.
    b_ri on Twitch, Games Beaten in 2020 (3): Pokemon Sword (Sw), Detroit: Becoming Human (PS4), Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PS4),

5. Ok, it's in. I'm officially a drama queen.

6. i went, they had none, turned me around and to come back at 5pm or tomorrow.

just got home

just got a call

"hey! we acctually DID get them in"
    "...."
    b_ri on Twitch, Games Beaten in 2020 (3): Pokemon Sword (Sw), Detroit: Becoming Human (PS4), Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PS4),

7. Went to Best Buy where they asked for the flier even if I said 'Go check the site, it says In-Store only anyway', to which they said, 'Get the flier'. Luckily, TRU was right down the road... where they were completely out of fliers for the week.

Whatever. I bought it there and got my card. Still cost me the same really; just didn't want to spend $50 today. Got moronic looks when I asked about the coin. Not worried as I'm sure I can get one at NAVA at the end of the month. Took the gift card and went back to work.

8. Man that sucks, my TRU was selling it Tuesday morning. I had it reserved and got the coin and GC with no problems.

9. Quote Originally Posted by B-Ri View Post
    Its not a price match since TRU is selling you the game for $50 but giving you a $25 GC. BB will still charge you $50 for the game but give you $25 GC.

They scan the game first, you tell them to enter this SKU #6867688. This will give them that GC screen. They swipe, you pay for game $50+ applicable tax and walk out with game and $25 GC.

This is YMMV even though corporate sent this info out that it is for ALL stores. Some stores are still clueless but if they enter the SKU, it works. Managers may be a-holes about this. You can pick up the game and call corporate and see what they can do and maybe they'll send you a GC.