Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sega Ages 2500 Vol. 31 : Virtual On

1. Sega Ages 2500 Vol. 31 : Virtual On

Looks like it comes out October 25th. With the Saturn version being worse of a port than Daytona USA and the PC version still running at half the framerate with a software-only renderer, this will be the first good home version of the game.

Awesome:

- LAN play. In fact, if you have three PS2s, one can be used as a spectator monitor. How awesome is that?
    - Some new split screen display modes, including 16:9 support.
    - You can toggle dash cancelling. Bizarre.

New shit:

- SD Mode for big-head VRs. ~ kawaii desu-ne ~
    - Replay saving.
    - New camera angle (first person, lol).
    - True alpha channels instead of dithering for the transparencies. A selectable option, of course, because the people behind these games think of fucking everything.
    - Customizable / new colors for the VRs.

Some info from GAME Watch, Japanese.

Shots:

2. Awww.. SD VRs!

I can't care about these unless they come to the US, even though it is awesome.

VOOT!!
    VOOT!!
    VOOT!!
    VOOT!!

JBNagis

4. Worked out pretty well on the Dreamcast!!

Not that I wouldn't buy it on XBLA or whatever.

I still have my DC VOOT, but having it on XBLA would be the bees knees. online VOOT would be a dream come true. And with 2 analog stick it would make everything so much easier. And way more fun.

JBNagis

6. Japanese Voot for DC was online right?

Anyways, this is totally bad-ass. I tried to play the Saturn port a few months back, and it is horrible.

7. It had modem-to-modem play.

...And you had to pay for matchmaking for that, lol.

8. Quote Originally Posted by JBNagis View Post
    I still have my DC VOOT, but having it on XBLA would be the bees knees. online VOOT would be a dream come true. And with 2 analog stick it would make everything so much easier. And way more fun.

JBNagis
    But wait, wont it be funny playing it with analog sticks? Imean all the movements are made to be sharp and responsive. Analog->digital can be muddy if not done well.....

amiriet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I hear Balrog's moveset includes the Fried Chicken Right Cross, The Watermelon Wipeout Punch, and the Welfare Blaster.
    I SWEAR IF YOU BITCH ABOUT TWINSTICKS I WILL BREAK MY FOOT OFF IN YOUR ASS

Quote Originally Posted by Gymkata View Post
    But wait, wont it be funny playing it with analog sticks? Imean all the movements are made to be sharp and responsive. Analog->digital can be muddy if not done well.....

amiriet?
    Not at all really. The OG VOOT machines were analog. Along with the twin sticks used for the DC version.

The only real issue would be the trigger/buttons. They are used for everything and its not very comfortable pressing LB/RB + Triggers + The analog sticks in whatever direction the move requires. That would be thing that requires getting used to.

JBNagis

10. XBLA + twin sticks pls.