Page 1 of 82 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: TNL Across America: Los Angeles 2008

1. TNL Across America: Los Angeles 2008

You thought I was joking? TNL is staging three big events in 2008. Here's your chance to help make geek history.

We're going to do this in logical steps to keep the discussion focused. The first thing to get out of the way is the date. We're looking at a Saturday night in March for the main event of the L.A. meeting. I'm going to fly out on Friday and leave for home on Sunday. Any of the weekends in March is fine for me, but I'm suggesting March 22. Is there any conflict with anyone else's schedule?

[UPDATE: March 22, 2008, is the date. I will be staying at the Hyatt West Hollywood, 8401 Sunset Blvd., and Josh may or may not be staying at the Standard, down the block. I will be there from March 21 until the morning of March 23.]

Also, post here if you're coming, and let me know if you're planning on bringing anyone, so I can have some idea of the size of the group.

---
    Attendee List:

B-Ri - 100% - One guest
    Calliander - 100% - Zero guests
    cigsthecat - 100% - One guest
    JBNagis - 100% - Zero guests
    Jetman - 100% - Zero guests
    Josh - 100% - One guest
    KB Blacklion - 100% - One guest
    kuro - 100% - Two guests
    magnifiedplaid - 100% - One guest
    Nick - 100% - Zero guests
    Opaque - 100% - Zero guests
    Rhydant - 100% - Zero guests
    SapphirePhoenix - 100% - Zero guests
    Satsuki - 100% - Zero guests
    sleeve - 100% - Zero guests(?)
    Stormy - 100% - Zero guests
    Super-Eggroll - 100% - One guest
    Hero - 80% - Zero guests
    Atlas - 50%? - Zero guests?

2. Rhydant and I will for sure be there.

I'll see if I can drag NGEfreak along since that would be interesting and Kuro will probably be down.

3. id be able to make it, i thought it said may for a second and that was finals week.
    b_ri on Twitch, Games Beaten in 2020 (3): Pokemon Sword (Sw), Detroit: Becoming Human (PS4), Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PS4),

4. I make my own schedule, so I'll work it out. What will be of more concern to me is the location and whether I have any cash.

Please don't make me drive into the city. I hate that fucking place.

5. I think I got a dentist appointment that night. But then again, almost all of TNL hates me, so why would I come?
    Last edited by aren; 05 Nov 2007 at 01:46 AM.

6. The date's not set yet. Or were you just being sarcastic? And, yes, it will be in the city, maybe in seedy Hollywood?

7. Fuck that place. Let's have it in Seal Beach. Plenty of bars and shit there. Lots of white people, too.

8. But then how will we get you drunk and in the arms of a tranny hooker?

9. I've already done that enough times, believe me. Why do you think I want to have the meetup elsewhere?

10. I found this on the official Seal Beach page:

"Seal Beach is the home of Leisure World, a gated senior citizen community of approximately 7-10,000 persons. The Seal Beach Naval Weapons Station comprises 2/3 of the land within the City."

Old folk and sailors? I guess you do know where all the twisted action is.

Seriously, though, I don't want to be in an area that effectively closes down at 10:00. The more options the better. Josh and I will protect you from the non-whites.