Page 1 of 16 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Hill - 20th Century Ghosts

1. Joe Hill - 20th Century Ghosts

This book should be required reading for the entire human race. It's a collection of short stories, and among them is a story called "Pop Art," which is the most beautiful piece of fiction that I've ever read. I know Josh is with me on this one, but has anyone else read it?

"I can only say that there is not a man living who wishes more sincerely than I do to see a plan adopted for the abolition of slavery." - Tommy Tallarico

no but I'm going to now.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

I read Pop Art in the bookstore and then paid hardcover price for the book without a second thought. Then I cane home and brought the book on the shitter to read a few pages. Next thing I noticed I was done with another story, shit had dried on my asshole and my legs were asleep. I didn't notice any of this happening.

This guy is good. I don't have the proper adjectives to describe how good.

Thanks Kano... this is the best recommendation I've gotten since 17 years ago when the librarian told me I should read House of stairs.

No one reads anymore. Except manga or whatever gay shit.

your loss fags.

5. I should start systematically banning anyone who posts in the Printed Page and doesn't read this book.

"I can only say that there is not a man living who wishes more sincerely than I do to see a plan adopted for the abolition of slavery." - Tommy Tallarico

6. What genre does this guy write in? Or do his short stories span all different ones?

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

7. He pretty much runs the gamut.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Kano on the Phone View Post
    He pretty much runs the gamut.
    That's "gambit."

I happen have a hole open in my reading schedule (I just finished Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes- amazing book)...maybe I'll check Hill out.

Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

9. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    That's "gambit."
    No, that's an X-Man.

10. evil admin powers...