Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Worthy alternatives to an Ipod?

1. Worthy alternatives to an Ipod?

Well, my 30gb 4th gen ipod is close to filled up and its been very scratched up so i'm looking for a new Mp3 player.

I've looked around at the various Creative Brand ones, Zunes etc. and can't really decide.
    I need it to atleast have 60gb of storage, and be able to play subscription based music such as Rhapsody.

Anyone have any experiences to share.

2. the original Zune was pretty good and the Zune 2 just came out (as did the 2.0 software for both versions).

Paul has reviews up for the system and it's services.
    http://www.winsupersite.com/

3. and actually amazon has the original Zune 30 (only difference from the new ones is lack of "touch" wheel, the software is the same for both) for $89.99 shipping Dec 19th.

4. I've got a 40GB Creative Zen Clit that is still running like a champ. Creative's mp3 players have always had the best sound quality, I'd say go with them if you want something that will sound perfect and be durable. The Zune and IPod are for the style-conscious.

5. Quote Originally Posted by SpoDaddy View Post
    I've got a 40GB Creative Zen Clit that is still running like a champ. Creative's mp3 players have always had the best sound quality, I'd say go with them if you want something that will sound perfect and be durable. The Zune and IPod are for the style-conscious.
    That might be what i do, just seemed odd that creative hasnt came out with a new model mp3 player in like a year and a half.
    That creative Vision W or the M look cool though.

Btw that Zune 80 is a great value. Definetely a consideration.

6. I have a Creative Zen 30gig. Highly recommended.

7. The Zune 80 looks nice, but is there a way to get it to sync with iTunes? I use it under Windows and if I return to Mac OS ever it'll definitely need to play nice with it, and I know the original Zunes weren't Mac compatible at all.

8. Most players don't sync with Itunes from what i have found.
    Makes me hate the protected AAC format even more.

Rumpy, whats your model of zen called? Is it the vision?

protected AAC? What does that have to do with iTunes?

10. All music purchased from the Itunes store is encoded in protected AAC. Meaning the songs cannot be transfered to another non-ipod device.
    There are way around it though.