Thread: FT: Virtua Fighter 5 Online

1. FT: Virtua Fighter 5 Online

I already own the PS3 version, which I'd prefer to keep, and would like to trade my 360 copy of VF5 Online. This is the second copy I've owned so it is only a few days old and has barely been played (just to do a comparison test with my first 360 copy). I picked this up for $39.99 so I'm not looking for anything near $60 in value but I would be interested in trading for the following titles:

Motorstorm (PS3)
    Heavenly Sword (PS3)
    Call of Duty 4 (PS3 or 360)
    NHL '08 (360)
    PGR4 (360)
    Metroid Prime 3 (Wii)
    Super Mario Strikers Charged (to give PBMax the beating he's been asking for)
    Last edited by Gooch; 15 Nov 2007 at 08:16 PM.

2. So wait... do you have 1 PS3 copy and 2 360 copies? Or are you getting rid of the 360 copy cause the colors are better on PS3? Have you tried going to your 360's settings and setting your color depth or whatever that option is to Extended/Expanded? Just remembered about that setting while playing VF5 through my computer monitor for the 1st time (I usually play on an SDTV).

3. I'm surprised that you're willing to sell the 360 version over the PS3 version considering that it's a) Version C and b) online so that you can play with other people, including TNL folks.

To each their own, I suppose.
    R.I.P. Paragon Studios

4. He probably has a better stick to use with the PS3 version and it seemed like he even has people to play offline with (!!!!!!!!!!!!!) so I tried not to go into that territory.

5. I have one PS3 copy and one 360 copy. This is the second 360 copy I've owned because I returned my first copy last week suspecting it may have been defective, which it apparently was not.

I've tried to adjust the settings but the game is still noticeably dark compared to the PS3 version. It's just too distracting, especially on stages like Brad's, Shun's, and El Blaze's, where some fighters are almost blanketed in shadows. Had I never played the PS3 version, or at least not played it recently, I likely wouldn't care. And Mikhal is correct, I have a decent number of people to play against. Granted we're not anywhere close to the level of play as someone like Shou or the good TNL players, but it's fun competition.

I'm only trying to trade this because it doesn't provide me with much incentive of getting rid of my PS3 copy (which was the original plan) and I'd prefer not to keep two of the same game. Since I only paid $39.99 for it, I'm not trying to sell it so if a deal doesn't work out, I'd have no problem keeping the 360 version because of Version C and online.

EDIT- I should go online for a few rounds at least to try it out, however.
    Last edited by Gooch; 16 Nov 2007 at 06:59 PM.

6. I am curious to try the PS3 version now that you mention the color. It is cheap anyway.

7. I'd rent it unless you just have money to burn. If you're intent on doing a comparison, try to do an apples-to-apples comparison with your connections. For example, the crushed blacks that are distracting on the 360 version may very well not be an issue on a 360 connected via HDMI (though dementia_ indicates otherwise). And when playing it on your PS3, remember to select "Full RBG" (rather than partial) in your system settings.