Thread: The Surrogates

1. The Surrogates

From SHH:
    Bruce Willis to Face The Surrogates
    Source: Variety
    November 19, 2007

Bruce Willis will star in The Surrogates, a sci-fi thriller that Jonathan Mostow will direct for Disney's Touchstone Pictures, reports Variety. The studio is eyeing a February production start in Boston.

Michael Ferris and John Brancato wrote The Surrogates based on a graphic novel from Top Shelf Comix. They collaborated with Mostow on the last film he directed, Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines. The writers also wrote Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins, the Halcyon-financed sequel that McG will direct at Warner Bros.

The Surrogates is being produced by Mandeville's David Hoberman and Todd Lieberman, along with Max Handelman and Elizabeth Banks.

The story is set in the near future, where humans live in isolation and interact vicariously through surrogate robots who are better-looking versions of themselves. Willis plays a cop who, through his surrogate, investigates the murders of others' surrogates. The cop is forced to venture from his own home for the first time in years and unravels a conspiracy.
    LOL, I can actually see today's society degenerating into this. But "murder"? If all they are is robotic avatars (with no independent thought), shouldn't it just be destruction of property?

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

2. Watched half of this last night! Not bad, looks like it's already starting to fall hard on 90s lazy screenwriting tropes though. I'm guessing the wheels fall off all the way in the second half.

I really like it when characters lose a limb or an eye or whatever in movies, even though it's robot duplicates in this case. Something about permanent damage seems really cool, contrasted to the usual "scratch on the shoulder" hero-wounds in movies.

They are using the HELL out of that X-Men 3 face de-wrinkler filter here, clever way to have 'androids' on the cheap I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!