Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AGP Video Card Reccomendations, please.

1. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....#productdetail
    What about this? Is it a good buy?

2. Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee View Post
    I don't see a VGA port. This card is for use with HD televisions and standard sets.

3. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    I don't see a VGA port. This card is for use with HD televisions and standard sets.
    lol you don't know what you're talking about.

The 2600 Pro is in the new iMacs. It's a good card, you'll get what you expect for $99. On the iMac, it runs Bioshock and Orange Box great at 30+ FPS at high settings. You'll need to downgrade expectations for the rest of your computer's specs.

Tommy Tallarico

"I can only say that there is not a man living who wishes more sincerely than I do to see a plan adopted for the abolition of slavery." - Tommy Tallarico

4. Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Tallarico View Post
    lol you don't know what you're talking about.

I'm just going by what the specs say.

Powered by the ATI RADEON HD2600 PRO graphics processing unit (GPU)
    512MB memory
    AGP interface
    ATI Avivo HD technology video and display engine allows you to connect to high-definition displays with high-definition audio support
    Full 1080p playback of high-definition movies
    Factory-overclocked GPU reaches speeds of 600MHz
    DirectX 10 support for cinema quality images and enhanced gameplay
    ATI Catalyst graphics software provides stunning visual effects
    CrossFire-enabled for enhanced gaming
    Outputs: HDMI, TV
    Compatible with Microsoft Windows Vista
    Unless the card comes with a conversion cable, I'm not seeing the VGA capabilities.

Look at the specs for this GeForce 8800GT. The outputs for this card do not include a VGA port, but does include a DVI to VGA adapter.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1190678470708