Thread: Video conversion problems.

1. Video conversion problems.

I download Top Gear as an .avi file and like to watch it on the big screen through the 360. I've been using Winavi Video Converter for a long time to make a .wmv for the 360 to read (I get the best results using the WMV9 DVD Quality Encoder).

The other day I started to convert the video when I got a weird floating point error. Winavi refused to work from there giving me the same error. So I got the new release (version 8) after getting the same error after reinstalling the version I had been using. Now while I don't get a floating point error, the video is a good 6 seconds behind the audio when it's done. I tried each encoder and it does the same thing. Converting it to burn to a DVD yields the same result. Any ideas why? TVersity is pointless to me because my PC isn't fast enough to convert on the fly (1 gig ram, AND 2100+ XP, XP Pro). I haven't changed my setup at all, everything is the same from when it was working.

It's really aggravating, I had to make a Video CD and it looks like crap.

2. Arrow How to convert AVI,MPG,MOV,WMV to iPhone video and iPhone audio?

[XXXXX] is a powerful iPhone/iPod/Apple TV Video Converter which can convert all common video formats to iPhone/iPhone 3G support video format, including AVI, WMV, MOV, RM, RMVB, DAT, FLV, ASF, MPG and MPEG and so on.

This step-by-step guide will show you how to convert AVI,MPG,MOV,WMV to iPhone video or audio format with [XXXXX] for Apple Mac. Before you start, please download, install and launch [XXXXX].

Step 1. Import a video file.
    To import a video file, click the "Add file" button.

[XXXXX]

Step 2. Select output video format and output folder.
    For general users it is recommended to select one of the profile:
    - iPhone H.264 (*.mp4)
    - iPhone MPEG-4 (*.mp4)
    - iPhone H.264 Excellent (*.mp4)
    - iPhone MPEG-4 Excellent (*.mp4)
    - iPhone 3G H.264 (*.mp4)
    - iPhone 3G MPEG-4 (*.mp4)

[XXXXX]

3. Conversion Progress.
    Click "Convert" button to start convertsion.

[XXXXX]

The converting window show you how much of the conversion process is complete.

[XXXXX]
    Last edited by Nick; 27 Apr 2010 at 11:45 PM. Reason: Spam.

3. Does Tversity do what you need? I know I've been using it for my PS3 and a lot of what I throw at it works.

4. Was Tversity around in 2007?
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

5. Goddamn 3 year bump