Page 5 of 88 FirstFirst ... 34567919 ... LastLast

Thread: Terminator Salvation

1. There's also Aliens vs. Predator vs. Terminator, but Batman's not in that.
    I'm not a devious man by nature... but when you're unarmed, your tactics might gonna be downright Archimedean.

2. But there IS Batman vs. Predator 1, 2 and 3, and Batman vs. Aliens.

(they're mostly shit, suprise suprise. BvP1 isn't too bad, though. Great art.)

3. In other Terminator related news.
    "To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often." -- Winston Churchill

Do I need to mention "Batman - Dead End" again?

5. I don't see why not. Neat Joker in that one.

6. Story details. With 100% more Riddick Inspiration!
    From here:

John Connor is not the main character of Terminator 4; that character is someone named Marcus. Marcus was put 'out of commission' before the nuclear holocaust on Judgment Day and he wakes up about 15 years before the future we see in the original Terminator films, which puts the movie at about 2015 or so. Marcus is a bad ass - think along the lines of Riddick - and what he finds is a blasted world filled with horror. Radiation poisoning, starvation, rampant jaywalking - all the things you expect post-apocalypse. There's also John Connor, who is trying to build a utopian society while running the human resistance.

Connor's role is apparently bigger in the second film; whoever they hire for Marcus (my understanding is that the part is not yet cast) will be around for all three films. Terminator 4 is going to be the most male-centric of all the Terminator films, but there is a butt busting female character by the name of Blair, a pilot for the human resistance.

They're going to need some buttkickers, because the scope of the action in Terminator 4 is HUGE. Lots of machine action in this film, including some battles with the T-600s. Yup, the rubber skin Terminators. And there's another familiar character that shows up - Reese shows up in a scene with John Connor. I don't know what his involvement in the next two films will be, though.

Finally, here's a story point that's probably a legitimate spoiler (although it's sort of the main crux around which the story revolves, so it will probably get blown in the advertising), so I'll invisotext this stuff: A big aspect of the story is the degrees of difference between a human and a Terminator. By which I mean cyborgs. By which I mean human brains in robot bodies.
    I'm not a devious man by nature... but when you're unarmed, your tactics might gonna be downright Archimedean.

7. I like how it looks like they're going to cover the entire future war, starting with the T-600's. Very cool.

A big aspect of the story is the degrees of difference between a human and a Terminator. By which I mean cyborgs. By which I mean human brains in robot bodies.
    What is that supposed to mean? Some resistance members will be cyborgs?

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

8. I'm sure they are alluding to Marcus. Note he was "put out of commision" before the war.

9. Young Kyle Reese (Anton Yelchin from Charlie Bartlett and Alpha Dog)

On the surface he feels a little... low-key... to play Kyle Reese. But I will say that Michael Biehn did play Reese as a very internal character that was able to be the badass, hardened warrior. Since Yelchin will be playing a teenage Reese in this film I think it's an interesting choice. I especially like having Christian Bale as John Connor being so much older than his father. It'll be a good dynamic.

The only thing that has me worried is a bit of the character relationships described in the Hollywood Reporter article. They say Kyle Reese befriends a character named Marcus, to be played by Sam Worthington. The problem is that Marcus is an "early version" of the Terminator.

Now, I don't know about you guys, but having Kyle Reese being friends with a Terminator... that kind of goes against his character in the first film, does it not? There's a hatred for Terminators in that character, someone who grew up in the war... in poverty and seclusion. I'm wary of going back to a "friendly terminator" storyline. Why can't this be a straight up science fiction war movie? That's what we want to see... well, at least that's what I want to see. Or maybe I'm overthinking things. What do you think?
    source

Please don't fuck this up McG. Please don't.

10. Quote Originally Posted by aren View Post
    Please don't fuck this up McG. Please don't.
    Can you really say that with a straight face?