Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking at New T.V.

Looking at New T.V.

Im looking at this 37" Olevia 237T.
    799 at target with 10% employee discount.

• Inputs: HDMI/HDCP
    • Outputs: Audio Out
    • On-Screen English/Spanish/French Menu Languages
    • 16:9 Widescreen Aspect Ratio
    • 1366x768 Resolution
    • Contrast Ratio: 1600:1
    • 8ms Response Time
    • 4 Speakers Stereo Speakers
    • Operational Features: ATSC/QAM Tuners for HDTV Broadcasts
    • Operational Modes: Cinema Aspect Mode
    • Compatible with High Definition Up To 1080i Formats
    • Viewing Angles: 178x178
    • 36.8" x 29.4" x 10.3"

What do you think. good decision or should I keep looking?

2. http://reviews.cnet.com/flat-panel-t...tag=prod.txt.1

The user reviews on CNET look promising. The only concern I'd have with the television, is the contrast levels.

3. Do you really need the tuner? You can probably get more TV for the money if you get a model without one. If you have a digital cable box, a tuner does nothing for you.

I would also definitely get something with more than one HDMI port (and that model has no DVI ports, either).

I also don't think $800 is a stellar deal on that TV. You can probably do better online even foregoing your discount.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    burgundy is the only conceivable choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I have an Alcatraz-style all-star butthole.

4. I bought this for $800 (when they had this deal going)

Samsung LN-T3253H
    http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Produ...h&i=305LNT3253

They sent me $50 Monster Cable and I got to choose a $450 wall mount for free. Cheapest I can find this now is $794

5. FYI, an HDMI cable is worth like $7 and a wall mount like $70. Crutchfield apparently has rapetastic regular prices.

6. I wanted to say it, but didn't because I didn't want to burst his bubble. You're mean.

7. This isn't a knock on JB at all, but can we have one centralized HD TV thread, or maybe even a new, dedicated board? I'm looking to make the jump myself, and a one-stop resource would be a lot more convenient than reading new "Recommend me a TV" threads every week.

8. Quote Originally Posted by burgundy View Post
    FYI, an HDMI cable is worth like $7 and a wall mount like $70. Crutchfield apparently has rapetastic regular prices.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I wanted to say it, but didn't because I didn't want to burst his bubble. You're mean.
    I know. But other suckers will pay anything for it. I can get about $30 for the cable and $200-250 for the wall mount. Thats $230-280 off the price of my TV. That is the only thing that matters to me. I bought my cables from monoprice and I have no need for wall mount.

9. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    This isn't a knock on JB at all, but can we have one centralized HD TV thread, or maybe even a new, dedicated board? I'm looking to make the jump myself, and a one-stop resource would be a lot more convenient than reading new "Recommend me a TV" threads every week.
    crutchfield.com had some good prices and deals on HDTV. buydig.com is another good place. If it wasnt for the included wall mount from crutchfield, I would of went with buydig.com. But I went with CF because I know i can sell off the wall mount for nice price. The HDMI cable was a last minute freebie when I called them, they threw it in.

10. Wait, you can get that much for a wall mount? I have a heavy duty awesome tilting one I don't need. Bank.