Page 1474 of 1626 FirstFirst ... 146014701472147314741475147614781488 ... LastLast
Results 14,731 to 14,740 of 16256

Thread: The "I Just Watched..." Thread

1. The Voyeur on Netflix was AMAZING.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

2. I just watched that too. By the end it was pretty clear that they kind of deserved each other.

The Departed. The Twist the Movie. If I had been paying attention in the beginning of the movie when they were still saying the characters names I think I would have enjoyed it a lot more.

4. I Didn't Pay Attention To The Movie - The review no one paid attention to.
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

I also half watched The Life Aquatic tonight, but that review is for my Patreons only.

6. Quote Originally Posted by cigsthecat View Post
    I just watched that too. By the end it was pretty clear that they kind of deserved each other.
    EXACTLY! It was an ethical violation of monstrous proportions, and I love the two dudes gaslighting each other trope.

7. It’s been over 3 years since I watched a 3D bluray, despite picking them up occassionally when I see them cheap. Today I was in the mood. Had to go through 7 pairs of glasses until I found one that didnt have a dead battery. I thought cell batteries lasted a while if not in use. Guess not.
    X-Men Days of Future Past. This one grows on me the more I watch it. Everyone jizzed all over First Class when it came out, but I thought it kinda dheesy amd fairly dumb. This one is cheesy in places of course, and dumb in a LOT of places, but some of performances are quite good. James Macovy in particular. I forgot I was watching a comic book movie when Wolvie first confronted him. It gets points for being a CBM and the plot not being centered around some costumed bad guy trying to use a device to end the world. Also, sports stadium aside, I didn’t have to watch a city, cities, or country get blowed up real good. 3D effect was alright.

Priest. Second time watching it since I saw it in the theater. What if the real world from The Matrix met After Dark and wrote V for Vendetta as a post apocalyptic western? I like the comic book inspired opening, amd the movie is ok. But one thing that always takes me out of these dark and gritty apocalyptic films is how everyone is so damn pretty. People in these kind of living conditions dont have smooth skin and sparkling white teeth. I wouldnt have minded if this got the sequel it set itself up for. It wasn’t any worse than half of what Marvel has put out. 3D was lame.

Sin City Dame to Kill For. Like the first one, I thought the Bruce Willis parts were awful. But I really like the movie. It’s definitely one you have to be in the right mood for though. The pulp noir impression it does rides a thin line between cool amd ridiculous. Powers Booth, Eva Green, amd JGL are terrific. Mickey Rourke is a fantastic Marv as well. Like CG animated movies, the movie’s visual style lends itself really well to 3D. Glad I picked it up for $10 or whatever.

8. Man, even if you've never seen the show before, you simply have to watch the season 4 finale of Nathan For You. It 's a feature length documentary about the search for an old unrequited love of a Bill Gates impersonator. It's utterly incredible, easily one of the best things I've seen all year. It's so good that Errol Morris wrote an article about it for the New Yorker. Everyone needs to see this.

9. That is a show I definitely need to watch.

10. I started watching Cheers from the beginning. It holds up extremely, amazingly well! I'm a dozen episodes in and I've laughed out loud each episode. The dialog is very natural and best of all, there are very few references- so aside from 80s fashion (which honestly, aside from Dianne's wardrobe wouldn't seem to out of place today) nothing about it seems dated. One of the coolest things for me is that just about every show has a guest actor that soon after ended up in his or her own show. Fred Dryer (of Hunter fame) played a 6 o'clock news sportscaster, Allyce Beasley (receptionist in Moonlighting) played Coach's daughter, Harry Anderson had a small recurring part before Night Court, the list goes on and on.

I'm not sure if they "sweetened" the audience reaction, but it doesn't feel like they did. I'm usually chuckling right along with them and that's rare. It's nice to watch a sitcom that's for real funny and doesn't feel completely contrived. One of the last episodes I watched dealt with a gay guy and what a bar suddenly catering to gay people could mean for that bar in those days. It was handled very well.