Page 1489 of 1626 FirstFirst ... 147514851487148814891490149114931503 ... LastLast
Results 14,881 to 14,890 of 16256

Thread: The "I Just Watched..." Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    I watched Bright for some reason and like, why weren't more elves in it?? And the elves were supposed to be Jews, right?
    Are jews all hermaphrodites?

2. I thought Jews and rich white people. The whole concept of the movie was dumb and I’m not nearly as socially sensitive as bbobb or Sats.

I liked the way the hella OP wand worked though.

3. Bright kinda sucked. They really didn't do anything with the setting at all outside of graffiti and ads and a couple skyline shots, the rest of the world was exactly the same. Not super ambitious.

It was pretty much Alien Nation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Bright kinda sucked. They really didn't do anything with the setting at all outside of graffiti and ads and a couple skyline shots, the rest of the world was exactly the same. Not super ambitious.

It was pretty much Alien Nation.
    Attached Images Attached Images

5. Started going through the laser discs I bought a while ago again.
    The Competition.

Never heard of this before I grabbed it, which I did because of Dreyfuss name recognition. Fairly formulaic romantic drama thing, but I enjoyed it.
    While Midway had a hell of a great transfer, this one was fairly bad. Colors were muted, picture quality was fuzzy. The classical music was really the star of the movie and thankfully the audio was great as far as clarity. One weird thing was that both sides of disc 1 was muted. I had to turn the volume up fairly high. Then when I popped disc 2 in, it was way too loud.

I wouldn't go out of my way to watch it, but if you stumble across it sometime it's worth a watch listen.

I need to pop in Midway, haven't seen it in ages but I've been sitting on the disc for a while.

7. you'll warp it!

ba dum TISH

All Summer in a Day. Early 80’s adaptation of a Ray Bradbury story. I haven’t seen it for 30 years or more, but it still holds up.

It’s free on YouTube, and dark as shit. Check it out.

10. Finally watched Blade Runner Final Cut. I'm pretty sure the last time I saw BR was on vhs, so seeing it in HD was a revelation. This is a really beautiful film. Every scene is an absolute joy to look at. Rutger Hauer is something else.

2049 is up tonight.