Page 1586 of 1626 FirstFirst ... 157215821584158515861587158815901600 ... LastLast
Results 15,851 to 15,860 of 16256

Thread: The "I Just Watched..." Thread

1. I just tried watching the japanese version of Grave of the Fireflies. I've never actually watched any version of it. This little girl has the MOST annoying cry, and I'm at a section where all she does is cry. So I'm done with it. I can't take it.

I'm aware of this having a sad ending, without knowing what that ending is. But if it's the obvious thing I think it is- good riddance.
    On to Only Yesterday.

It's one of those make daddy cry movies.

Watched deadpool 2. Dont know what all the complaining was about. It was enjoyable and fun. Not as good as guardians or ragnarock.

3. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    Ready Player One: It is alright, feels like they crammed as much reference as humanly possible... The puzzles seem too easy for so many people not being able to solve a single one. The very first challenge, someone would probably have tried driving backwards probably within a day. Speaking of which, I love the driving scene and then the solution, really feels like that was the best action scene. The rest of the movie was just okay.
    I enjoyed it for the nostalgia trip back to the 80's video gaming scene of the day. It seemed like the movie payed homage to movies like TRON and what gamers of the day envisioned life would be like in the future, but the whole VR character world was a bit much.

yeah, you always have people get board and try silly shit. Someone with add would have drove backwards within the first hour of release.

5. Aquaman is staggeringly ok for a movie about fucking Aquaman. Not great or anything but much better than I expected on announcement.

6. Deadpool 2, really enjoyed it. It was funny when DP called Cable Thanos. That got a chuckle out of me.

Watched most of the Tomorrow Land movie.

Wow. That was bad. Like, I can tell someone put a lot of money into it, but holy crap that was bad. There were very large sections of the movie that should have had lots of background people, but it was just Geroge C and the MCs talking in what is obviously an empty mall, airport, etc.

There is also pretty weird pedo relationship in there.

8. I was hanging out with an old friend this morning. After we had a greasy spoon breakfast she suggested killing some time and seeing a movie at the cheap theatre. Aquaman had the most convenient show time so we saw that. Holy shit what a clunker. Jason Momoa was pretty good. He does strong guy and self-deprecating humour well. But the direction... ouch... it relied on Snyfer-eaque weightless cgi battles. The ocean is so much about darkness and light I'm amazed at how dull the ocean looked. The scenes going anywhere interesting tripped up on bad dialogue. My friend was disappointed Meera was such a cowardly idiot in it. William Dafoe was miscast. Black Mantis is in it too--because Warner Bros. apparently never learns their lesson about cramming too much in these things.

Glad it was a cheap movie. I'm planning on seeing Into the Spiderverse again to get rid of the memory.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 02 Jan 2019 at 07:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

9. Mandy was a head scratcher of a movie. I liked the effort (and visual results) of making a 70s revenge flick, but that's about it. Hereditary, on the other hand, was legit from start to finish.

10. MI: Fallout is the real deal. Probably one of the best action movies I have seen in a long time.