Page 1618 of 1626 FirstFirst ... 16041614161616171618161916201622 ... LastLast
Results 16,171 to 16,180 of 16256

Thread: The "I Just Watched..." Thread

Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    Rise of the Skywalker - it was okay, bringing Palpatine back was lame as hell, and redeeming Kylo seemed so easy, he should never have turned to the dark side to begin with. It feels really rushed probably because they have to pretend TLJ didn't exist. I like some of the new side creatures/characters (Dio). I almost feel like they should have made 2 movies instead to set up a proper villain. The whole Rey thing just didn't work for me. She just never seem like she could ever lose, so there is little drama to any of the battles or personal triumph.
    Rey is somewhere between being fanfiction and your typical YA female lead like the twilight series or the hunger games. If they had pushed more male love interest, she'd been a total YA female lead.

I cringed when they revealed who her parents were. Such self insert 14 year old fanfictioning crap. Like someone writing a sonic fanfic and their character that can do anything in the daughter of Robotnik. Or if someone wrote Lunar fanfiction and their magically gifted at everything self insert elf character wast the lost son of Ghalion.

So lazy.

It was bad when they reworked batman beyond for terry to be bruce's son, and its bad here.

Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    My only complaint about season 3 is that the humor is a bit too 'anime' for my liking, if that makes any sense.
    More so than 2? Because 2 felt like Avatar with potty mouth words.

3. Aquaman - This is the best DCEU movie. Yes, it is better than Wonder Woman, this one didn't take itself too seriously and the CGI is gorgeous. The plot is completely predictable and villains are unoriginal and boring, but that is true for virtually all superhero movies besides Joker.

4. I found Aquaman cheesy. I know Aquaman IS kind of cheesy. But they didn’t really even try to adapt the Atlantis characters and world beyond the vibe of “classical mythology” and that’s hard to make work. MCU had the same (but culturally more important) challenge w translating traditional African culture with Wakanda and knocked it out of the park w novel touches that incorporated African colour while still making it modern and in touch w a younger generation.

The DC movies have gotten better since Wonder Woman but they’re still not very good. They’re just not bad. The translations of them as a series in to a compelling universe is still flat to me (for the reason listed above for Aquaman). And with so much turnover w the actors now I think it’s pretty much over for them to benefit from a consistent shared universe and be the cash cow MCU is.

Maybe should’ve lead with Flash and not Superman. Flash is still a very novel and fresh hero for most mainstream audiences. It may have helped screenwriters think outside the shackles of existing DC film adaptations. Oh well. I don’t really need more superhero movies. MCU has me satiated.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 05 Apr 2020 at 02:19 PM.

5. The DC animated movies are typically better than their live action films.
    I really liked Red Son, despite the awful fake Russian accents.

Aquaman has impressive production values and is a well made film, but it only stands out because the other DC movies are so inconsistent. If it were in the MCU, it would be average.

Birds of Prey was entertaining enough, I guess, but it was kind of a mess.
    I liked Joker, but it's so far removed from typical comic book movies that it's not really in the same genre.

I wasnt impressed with red son. Its understanding of communist russia was very surface level.

It is hard to believe that superman made it to adulthood without knowing about any of the evil things stalin did. He had super hearing and could see through walls. Stalin killed more of his own people than died in ww2. And had known rapists working under him. How would he not know about Lavrentiy Beria.

7. Aquaman definitely doesn't compare to the best of MCU, but it is better than Iron Man 3... that's not saying much.

8. Aquaman is better than about half the MCU movies, and it's not that good. Read in to that what you need to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

9. Considering that Aquaman has been goofed upon for decades and the idea of an actual live-action movie laughed at and made the subject of parodies, the fact that they were actually able to make him into a bad-ass character (that's all on Jason Momoa, however) in a movie that was actually watchable is a fucking miracle. Yeah, it was cheesy - it had an octopus playing the drums, after all, which is awesome - but there's no way you could make a movie about people who fly through the ocean like they were being propelled by endless super-farts and not make it at least somewhat cheesy.

Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    Aquaman - This is the best DCEU movie. Yes, it is better than Wonder Woman
    I never understood why people were going on and on about how great Wonder Woman was, when in reality it was solid but the most by-the-numbers superhero origin/fish out of water movie ever made. I guess the previous DCEU stuff had set the bar so incredibly low that just about any competently-made movie would seem fucking Oscar-caliber in comparison.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

10. BTW, I hate to jump on the bandwagon, but Tiger King is legit.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww