Page 25 of 1626 FirstFirst ... 112123242526272939 ... LastLast

Thread: The "I Just Watched..." Thread

1. I watched Rush Hour 3 last week and I still feel nautious as how shitty that was. Its was beyond average.

2. Watched Idiocracy on a recommendation from a friend. Better than I expected given the mixed reviews.

3. Quote Originally Posted by PaCrappa View Post
    Ma On Fire
    I would watch the hell out of that movie. We need someone to make this right now.

My girl forced me to watch the Bratz movie last night.

On a more positive note, she also got me Escape from New York and LA on DVD.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.

5. Been catching up on some flicks over the holidays:

Blade Runner Final Cut - when i was younger , i always had a hard time staying awake through this movie. now that i understand it more, it has to be one of the deepest films ever made. In HD the visuals are superb for a 25 year old print, and thinking about the influence this film has had on sci fi in general is mindblowing. The final cut flows very smoothly and takes out the akwardness of the Directors cut. Needless to say, ill be checking out the rest of the versions in the set for comparison asap. Also, the briefcase version of the lastest release kicks ass

Ratatouillie - Looks amazing on Blu, and a pretty damn good movie too. nuff said

TMNT - Looks awesome in high def at home as well, still have the same thoughts as posted in the movie thread

Delta Force - Chuck kicks some arab gonads, too bad this shizz is in full screen on dvd

Silence of Sleep- great visuals, cool film about dreams by michel gondry. Gael García Bernal is great as usual

Raging Bull- never saw this and figured id check it out since its on the AFIs top 10 of all time list. DeNiro was great, and his physical appearance change was astounding

Boiling Point- Takeshi Kitano gets wacky, this was kinda meh for me. I love Sonatine and Fireworks and Kitano in general though

Bottle Rocket
    - This started out wierd because of the precedence of other films from the Wilsons i have seen, but it was so quirky and original it had me cracking up. anderson is an awesome director

The Chumscrubber -
    billed as a dark comedy. it is, and it plays on the disconnect from parents and kids in the modern age. I found it so so, it has one of those intertwining storylines that all ends in a pinnacle

Horrors of Malformed Men -
    60s Japanese horror/exploitation. crazy rich guy mutates people on an island. doppleganger brother takes his dead twins place. if your into old school japanese cinema, at least worth a rental

Stendhal syndrome - Dario Argento creates another great thriller. Asia plays the lead and is a cop who is chasing a rapist/killer. The killer takes a liking to her and captures her for his pleasure. It changes her life and she slowly transforms into someone else. Not for the weak stoumached, there is also a pretty cool razor blade scene.

Inland Empire - I love David Lynch, and this is no exception. not everyone will like this flick for the slow plot, but most likely because it was shot in DV and looks like total ass. The story is pretty much a deeper rehash of mulholland drive. As a cool bonus the ending credits are a tribute to all lynch works

Black Sheep- No, Not the Spade/Farley flick of the same name. This is definitely the best, worst movie ive seen in a long time. By that I mean it was so bad it was awesome. Pretty much sheeep are being genetically engineered, and in the process something goes awry. A mutant sheep gets out and attacks people and other sheep, turning them into "were-sheep" and zombie sheep who start to devour the living and pass on the mutation. Comedy Horror buffs definitely check this out (Thanks Nick!)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	desktop3_800.jpg 
Views:	203 
Size:	101.9 KB 
ID:	29802   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	desktop4_800.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	92.6 KB 
ID:	29803  
    Last edited by D_N_G; 29 Dec 2007 at 09:00 PM.

6. Inland Empire is one of the biggest pieces of shit of all time.

7. I just watched Master of the Flying Guillotine again. For those of you who aren't familiar with it, it is one of the best movies ever mad. And one of the funniest!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	post-231969-1124213155.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	47.7 KB 
ID:	29809  

8. I feel like Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat both take a HELL of a lot from that flick.

9. Watched Broken Arrow. What a fun little action flick. Travolta playing a great bad guy, Woo doing good action, and Slater and Mattis as neat pair of heroes.

Love it. I even prefer it to Face Off. While FaceOff might be closer to Woo usual spirit of the film with more of his touches, Broken Arrow wins action wise, and lacks all the whining Nic Cage does lol

10. Quote Originally Posted by D_N_G View Post
    it has to be one of the deepest films ever made
    wait what

Also, the book is a million times better. People always say this. But this time it's true. This thread made me realize that it could be better, though, and that would only be if Christian Slater did an audiobook reading of it. Or maybe Gilbert Gottfried. I would like either one.

I need to see Black Sheep very soon.