Page 28 of 1626 FirstFirst ... 142426272829303242 ... LastLast

Thread: The "I Just Watched..." Thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by Despair View Post
    ALso it had character named K-Mart. Yes.
    I almost didn't believe you until I looked it up.

Absolutely incredible.

2. The South Park movie was on Comedy Central which made me put on the DVD to avoid commercials (plus it looks 150x better on DVD). I forgot how funny that movie is. All they lyrics came back to me too. One of my favorite comedies of all time.

3. Sympathy for Lady Vengeance. I liked it about as much as Oldboy.

4. i saw "the orphanage" today

eh, it was alright.
    b_ri on Twitch, Games Beaten in 2020 (3): Pokemon Sword (Sw), Detroit: Becoming Human (PS4), Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PS4),

5. Quote Originally Posted by Tain View Post
    Sympathy for Lady Vengeance. I liked it about as much as Oldboy.
    Is that a good thing? I dig Oldboy, but are the relating films as good?

Recently:

Ratatouille - One of my favorites of all time. Pixar's best to date, I think.
    War - Eh, it was OK. Bit light on the action, I thought, and the OMGTWIST at the end was kinda weak. My wife liked it much more than I did, surprisingly. Devon Aoki looks like a creepy forty-yr-old widow, and her Japanese was just awful.
    Black Sheep - The rabid-flock-of-sheep-WETA one - after reading about it here, actually. We both enjoyed it a ton, as it had that Dead-Alive vibe about it. My favorite bit was the guy throwing his chewed-off leg at an approaching Doom Sheep, which almost made me choke on some pasta. Nice recommendation, guys.
    Snatch - Damn this movie rules. And to think I HATED it the first time I watched it.
    The Heartbreak Kid - The Farrelly/Ben Stiller remake. I liked it quite a bit. Just about everyone in it is a complete ass, but it was entertaining enough. Ben Stiller really needs to start playing a different character though, as he won't top Ruben Feffer, ever.

Satoshi Kon: 1963-2010

6. Recently:

Shoot Em Up: Like I said in its thread it still fucking rules.

War: I never hated it as many people, and I still enjoyed it again. I guess I love seeing Jet Li, not only utilize his ma skills but also just be efficient in killing people instead of prolonged ma battles most expected

Big Fish: wanted to see this for a while and it ended up interesting and enjoyable movie,

I dunno, Ratatoullie just dint work for me. While animation was top notch, i didnt care about anything else in it much.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Despair View Post
    I dunno, Ratatoullie just dint work for me. While animation was top notch, i didnt care about anything else in it much.
    I'm actually with D on this one. I fucking love Pixar and Brad Bird is amazing IMO, but Ratatouille just didn't do it for me.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

8. Is that a good thing? I dig Oldboy, but are the relating films as good?
    Yeah, that's a good thing. I really liked Oldboy and Lady Vengeance. Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance didn't do it for me, though.

9. I showed my buddy live free or die hard tonight, and he agreed that it was the jam. Then me and my girl friend watched the 1989 Batman, so it's been an all around good movie day.

10. Watched Season One of the US version of The Office tonight and half of Season Two. What a great show.