Page 3 of 1626 FirstFirst 12345717 ... LastLast

Thread: The "I Just Watched..." Thread

1. Zooey Deschanel makes that movie worth watching.

2. Closer. I can't figure out whether or not I liked it; I'll have to watch it again and let it simmer for a few days.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Did you know that it is essentially a remake of A Fistfull of Dollars?
    (or maybe For a Few Dollars more- I know it's one of the Clint Eastwood spaghetti westerns.)
    Last Man Standing and A Fistful of Dollars are both remakes of the Kurosawa film Yojimbo.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Zooey Deschanel makes that movie worth watching.
    Yeah, she's really pretty.
    Donk

5. Hot Rod. Was a horrible piece of shit. I think I maybe laughed once.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

6. Hell, she even made Failure to Launch bearable.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

7. I watched The Last Action Hero last night, and I'm pretty sure I liked it. I may have even liked it a lot. I loved the send ups of all the cliches, and the scene with the corpse about spew toxic nerve gas was pretty brilliant. And Arnie (<3) was of course as awesome as ever. That kid was pretty bad thouhg, and was happy to find out he never did much of anything after this.

8. nigga was in Lawnmower Man

AND LAWNMOWER MAN 2!
    Y'ALL BEST RECOGNIZE!

9. Over my long Thanksgiving weekend:

The Devil's Backbone - Outstanding, but I wish I'd seen it before Pan's Labyrinth, as they share many similar themes. However, it was cool to see Del Toro starting to find himself as a director, as he showed signs of the techniques he used in Pan's. The Santi spectre effects were really clever.

Eyes Wide Shut - I got the Kubrick box set for my birthday, and I'd never seen this. While flawed, and not Kubrick's best, it was pretty hypnotic. Nicole Kidman is some kind of actress, and I'm not saying that just because she was naked a lot. I'm not a Cruise fan, but he did a fine job.

Man on Fire - I love this film. Marc Anthony sucks, but Denzel is so awesome it doesn't matter.

Grindhouse: Death Proof - Awesome. For the life of me, I can't understand why this got slammed by so many people. Tarantino might be an overrated director, but holy crap can he write amazing dialog.

May - Touching, unusual horror, sort of like a modern Frankenstein from a woman's perspective. Angela Bettis is weird-looking but is a great actor.

Miller's Crossing - Rewatched this after reading how it influenced Ken Levine while he made Bioshock, and my god, I'd forgotten how much I like it. I gotta get to No Country For Old Men.
    Last edited by BioMechanic; 28 Nov 2007 at 05:55 PM.

Satoshi Kon: 1963-2010

10. I found dialogs be worst part of Death Proof. Usually Tarrantino's stuff is good, but here I just couldnt stand the bitch chit-chat and such.