Page 43 of 1626 FirstFirst ... 293941424344454757 ... LastLast

Thread: The "I Just Watched..." Thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    I tried to watch The Holy Mountain.

It's about the adventures of Jesus in modern-day Mexico with his limbless sidekick who drags himself around on the ground.

He gets captured by a group of nuns that make plaster casts of him. He smashes them and steals one, and then gains a following of young prostutes and he gets mad and eats the face of the cast of him and then ties it to a balloon and then goes into a tower and a naked black chick and a Jewish pilgrim clean him and make him poop in a jar. And then they cook the poop and then I stopped watching.

Oh, and there's no dialog. People talk, but it's just like "Rabble rabble rabble".
    lol, i had to fast forward through this one too. jodorowsky isnt about the plot, just the imagery so in FF mode i think i got the gist, esp with the lack of dialogue. overall, it really was just way too much for me as well

i cant remember, but think at the point you cut it off you did miss some crazy sex machines though. might try the FF method if decide to you turn it back on

also if you havent seen it yet, you might want to give el topo a shot. it has a better premise and it doesnt spend the entire time dwelling on being strictly sacreligious (although there are a few scenes here and there).

2. I'm not really in a rush to see any more of his films. I like weird/surreal stuff if it's more than just a collection of random thoughts someone jotted down and committed to film (for instance I love Naked Lunch) but stuff like this and some of David Lynch's more esoteric moments are just not something I can appreciate.

3. American Psycho: TRY GETTING A RESERVATION AT DORSIA NOW YOU STUPID FUCKING BASTARD

Still one of my favorite movies. Christian Bale is the best.

4. I wish they didn't botch the ending, though. I like that movie more and more as time goes on, but I think it makes a bad first impression on people because of the screwed up ending.

5. How do you mean?

6. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    I tried to watch The Holy Mountain.

It's about the adventures of Jesus in modern-day Mexico with his limbless sidekick who drags himself around on the ground.

He gets captured by a group of nuns that make plaster casts of him. He smashes them and steals one, and then gains a following of young prostutes and he gets mad and eats the face of the cast of him and then ties it to a balloon and then goes into a tower and a naked black chick and a Jewish pilgrim clean him and make him poop in a jar. And then they cook the poop and then I stopped watching.

Oh, and there's no dialog. People talk, but it's just like "Rabble rabble rabble".
    They will talk and make more sense...I guess. Have you seen El Topo? Pretty bizarre as well. His first movie Fando Y Lis is probably the strangest.

Anyways, I saw Caddyshack again because I picked it up for $9.99 at Albertsons. Awesome as always.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Grave View Post
    How do you mean?
    American Psycho spoilers:
    They pulled some implied "It was all a dream" shit by making the visit to the cleaned up apartment be the next day instead of weeks later. The point of the movie was not that it was some figment of his imagination, but just the running theme of the entire movie that no one ever noticed him or anything he did

8. Watched Eraser, one of the weaker Arnold movies imo.

9. Watching School of Rock for the first time. When it came out I was dating a band teacher and we were both looking fwd to it...but then we broke up. That anecdote didn't really go anywhere. Sry.

This movie is really good.
    2009 TNL Fantasy Football Champion

10. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    American Psycho spoilers:
    They pulled some implied "It was all a dream" shit by making the visit to the cleaned up apartment be the next day instead of weeks later. The point of the movie was not that it was some figment of his imagination, but just the running theme of the entire movie that no one ever noticed him or anything he did
    I was talking to my roommates about this after we finished watching it last night, and I still don't really think there's enough evidence presented to say it's one way or the other way. Granted, I think the latter reading makes for a better story. I don't recall how the book deals with this issue. I should read it again.