Page 875 of 1626 FirstFirst ... 861871873874875876877879889 ... LastLast
Results 8,741 to 8,750 of 16256

Thread: The "I Just Watched..." Thread

1. Thor was also an Adventures in Babysitting remake gone horribly wrong.

2. I'll allow it because Thor is in Adventures in Babysitting.

You callin me a homo, boy?

3. I just finished up Lilyhammer.
    It's hokey in parts, but overall I like it.

licking lollypops in Lilyhammer

5. Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy

I downloaded this onto my iPad for my flight to Barcelona. Perfect movie for a European transcontinental flight. I love spy flicks generally, but this movie really clicked with me.

Part of it is its brilliant economy of direction: every scene is significant. I love the opening credit montage after the Budapest debacle: we see Gary Oldman and John Hurt leaving the office -- the Circus -- and along the way we see nearly every significant character in the film. And Gary Oldman conveys such an awesome aura of power I haven't seen since Brando in the Godfather. He barely moves or speaks at all, yet he's always the smartest guy in the room. Really fascinating to watch.

And of course the cinematography is beautiful.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

6. Quote Originally Posted by dave is ok View Post
    Thor was also an Adventures in Babysitting remake gone horribly wrong.
    I would totally watch Thor if this were true.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

Quote Originally Posted by dave is ok View Post
    Thor was also an Adventures in Babysitting remake gone horribly wrong.
    I forgot about that. The Sitter would be better if Thor showed up and did a few lines of coke.

8. Quote Originally Posted by sleeve View Post
    Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy

I downloaded this onto my iPad for my flight to Barcelona. Perfect movie for a European transcontinental flight. I love spy flicks generally, but this movie really clicked with me.

Part of it is its brilliant economy of direction: every scene is significant. I love the opening credit montage after the Budapest debacle: we see Gary Oldman and John Hurt leaving the office -- the Circus -- and along the way we see nearly every significant character in the film. And Gary Oldman conveys such an awesome aura of power I haven't seen since Brando in the Godfather. He barely moves or speaks at all, yet he's always the smartest guy in the room. Really fascinating to watch.

And of course the cinematography is beautiful.
    I thought it was boring. Nice performances, though.

9. 'The Girl Who Played With Fire'

Quite good. Might even be better than the first film.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    I thought it was boring. Nice performances, though.
    I really like well made movies as well, but I'm with Diff on this one, I thought Tinker Tailor was boring as fuck all.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.