Page 8 of 1626 FirstFirst ... 46789101222 ... LastLast

Thread: The "I Just Watched..." Thread

1. Yeah, the book and the movie have very little in common.

I need to watch that movie again... I've only seen it baked out of my mind. I wonder how it will be sober.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

2. Dreamcast

The Guardian - Costner and Ashton Kutcher; USCG movie.

Annapolis - James Franco, Jordana Brewster; Naval Academy movie.

Miss them both, TNL.
    2009 TNL Fantasy Football Champion

3. If a movie has Ashton Kutcher it's almost definitely not worth watching.

And I saw that Annapolis one night when I couldn't sleep... god it was bad.

I watched Demolition Man this weekend... still a great movie.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

4. I watched the fifth element, which I hadn't seen since it came out. And I couldn't say it was bad, but I can't say it was actually good. It was entertaining enough to not be bored for the 2 hour run time. And that's enough for me, plus bruce willis.

5. I'd call that good, personally. Fifth Element's a fun ride.

6. Viewed over the past two weeks:

Death Proof - I liked it, even though the actresses made the dialogue feel forced, like they were trying to sound too cool only to end up sounding too chatty. I think this is an example of dialogue coming across better in the screenplay. I love the Stuntman Mike character, especially the confidence just oozing out of Russell.

Planet Terror - I liked this as well, though unlike Death Proof, it's not something I'd watch more than once or twice.

The Bourne Supremacy - reaffirms its status of one of my favorite recent action flicks. I actually like the cam action because it adds to the frenzy, the chaos, the sense of rush and panic. I can't wait to see Ultimatum this week.

7. I like the Fifth Element because its set in the future without being nerdy as all shit.

8. Someone - Dolemite? - called Fifth Element "the gay French Star Wars." I love the movie but that description will pop into my head every time I watch it from here to eternity.

Watched Rescue Dawn today. Very well-done POW film. Christian Bale is awesome, as usual. I thought it dragged a bit in the middle, but it was better than I expected. Seems like it was slept on.

Satoshi Kon: 1963-2010

9. I thought about seeing Rescue Dawn, but I tend to shy away from the torture genre, as a rule. I really don't enjoy watching it.

10. I really want to see that movie.