Page 1577 of 1626 FirstFirst ... 156315731575157615771578157915811591 ... LastLast
Results 15,761 to 15,770 of 16256

Thread: The "I Just Watched..." Thread

1. Saw Venom over the weekend. Actually really enjoyed it. The Brock/symbiote interactions were great. Venom is one of my favorite comic characters, and this was a loose adaptation of Lethal Protector which was my introduction to the character. Go see it, it's worth a watch. While it isn't high art... well, scratch that. It is high art put next to the abomination of Venom in Spiderman 3.
    I'm not a devious man by nature... but when you're unarmed, your tactics might gonna be downright Archimedean.

2. The reason people yell at you when trying to make you laugh, is because It Actually Works.

When I pitch my boards I scream at the top of my lungs in a brightly lit room full of all my peers that I respect most in the world, at 9 am on the fucking Nose. And it works. They laugh.

3. I mean not always. There have been a thousand disasters on every front.

But. There are currently less disasters than ever before.

4. I watched Mandy last night, which is ridiculous and fun. The dialogue is very slow and meandering, but aside from that it's great in almost every other aspect. Some of the best visuals and sound design I've seen in a long time, and the acting is great. Just be prepared for a very slow, albeit very pretty first act, after which you'll be rewarded with non-stop utterly bonkers carnage.

5. Was it playing locally or...?

It's not playing anywhere near me.
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

6. It's available on itunes, not playing anywhere near me either
    Last edited by arjue; 13 Oct 2018 at 07:31 AM.

7. I’ve never been into Bill Hader, but I’m 3 episodes into Barry and I’m really digging it.
    Probably because Hader isn’t being “funny.”

8. I like Barry a lot. Also Hader is funny, and so is Barry, the show. It's really funny, actually.

9. the show is hilarious. But Hader is mostly a straight man, not doing a schtick. This could have been some ace ventura shit and I’m glad it isnt.
    The Fonz and Milton are fantastic.

10. Thinking about The Riches made me grab my DVDs (with cases!) and start rewatching it.
    I completely forgot Margo Martindale was in this. The show's cast (outside of just Eddie Izzard and Minnie Driver) is great, as judged by the fact that many of them have gone on to shows like Westworld, Shameless, Mad Men. Shit, I'll watch anything Gregg Henry is in.
    If you're into Good TV shows and you've not watched this, you really should. It only lasted 2 seasons because of the writer's strike, but they're very good seasons.