Page 1199 of 1626 FirstFirst ... 118511951197119811991200120112031213 ... LastLast
Results 11,981 to 11,990 of 16256

Thread: The "I Just Watched..." Thread

1. But they didn't use that ship after getting to orbit, it was just a taxi to get to the main ship in orbit. Then that ship had 2 smaller ships that contain enough fuel to break orbit on 2 more planets. Why not build one of those smaller ships on Earth and use it for taxi purposes? It's size alone tells that it would need less conventional fuel to break orbit.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

Because our generation is so specialized that the person that wrote the script never had a job or education that taught basic physics or history.

It's an overall problem with entertainment these days.

3. I don't think the majority of writers were ever especially scientifically minded or had jobs as astrophysicists at any point in film history. And the Nolans wrote that movie. Jonathan went to Georgetown and Christopher seems like a smart guy. I'm sure they've had a physics class or two.

Plus, this is what consultants are for. Nobody is an expert on everything (except you, ofc).

maybe its just fucking laziness then?

5. That's probably a pretty safe bet.

Watched the the rising dead watchtower movie. It was ok. But you never worried about the lives of the actors. And the production felt like one of those sci-fi channel movies.

The zombrex commercial was clever though.

Just saw a pretty ok piece of OZ fan-fiction called Whiplash.

8. He really was channeling ol' Vern, short of raping his students.

9. Someone recommended Paprika in response to a rant I went on about how joyless, gray, literal, and undreamlike Christopher "Fax Machine" Nolan's dreams are in Inception. Paprika is the exact opposite of all of those things and of Inception. I think it's my new favorite animated thing and one of my new favorite movies about movies.

Kon was an original. One of the best filmmakers we've ever had.

10. I thought most people around here shit in Paprika. I love it. For a while I'd put it on before going to sleep.

I caught the missed keystroke when I went back to italicize Paprika, but it made me giggle so I left it.