Page 1514 of 1626 FirstFirst ... 150015101512151315141515151615181528 ... LastLast
Results 15,131 to 15,140 of 16256

Thread: The "I Just Watched..." Thread

1. I just don’t like David Chang.
    Boo, Hiss.

2. As a person, chef, or both?
    There’s certainly been a few times the tv facade has kinda cracked and you get a sense he’s a dick.
    But most successful people are.

3. I like him. He's clearly a high level operator, in Lucky Peach Magazine you get a lot more of his 'real' personality and thought process. It's not always positive, he talks some shit for sure.

'I hope you choke' cracked me up in the taco episode.
    Last edited by YellerDog; 06 Mar 2018 at 11:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

been on a tmnt kick lately.

I watched the crossover episode of the newer show with the first show. It was mostly ok. The animation parts were very "flash"y. And they tried to make the older characters look like retards much like the first cross over in another reboot. (I'm not sure why this is a thing when revisiting the first show as none of these shows are particularly smart.) I watched 6 or so more episodes after that and decided its a cute show.

Tonight I watched that newer movie tmnt 2 Out of the Shadows. Its a Bay film. I could write out all its faults but it would just be a retread of what has already been said about the transformer films. The way it is cut isn't very good. The action scenes are nonsensical and busy. The writing isn't very good, etc. BUT everything with bebop and rocksteady is mostly ok. Also, nice little nods to other NYC films like Ghostbusters and Short Circuit 2 (which wasn't filmed in nyc, though thats where the script takes place). The last 30 minutes is pretty much ghostbusters with the ending of short circuit 2.

5. Mother! - I am glad I watched it because it is different and very well made, but the whole metaphor thing is weird. The third act is pretty crazy. Also, I am not a fan of Jennifer Lawrence and this movie is basically 90% close up/panning shots of her walking around.

6. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    This movie is basically 90% close up/panty shots of Jennifer Lawrence walking around.
    Would this version make more of a fan out of you?

7. I suppose, she was decent in this movie. But I am biased, she is similar to Natalie Portman, I just don't enjoy any of her work.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Would this version make more of a fan out of you?
    She would not approve.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

9. Life - this is a pretty intense space station horror movie. The first half is really strong, second half is pretty standard/cliche with a twist ending that was well telegraphed if you pay attention. I rate this as "Worth a download".

10. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    As a person, chef, or both?
    There’s certainly been a few times the tv facade has kinda cracked and you get a sense he’s a dick.
    But most successful people are.
    As a person. It’s kinda Inside Baseball, but his attitude and persona have done some real damage to the cooking world. It’s for sure not just him, but he contributes greatly to toxic kitchen culture.
    Boo, Hiss.